Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fifth Gear Tests Lexus Nx

Fifth Gear, which is now on the History Channel for those of you on Sky (I know, History Channel shows everything other than history) and can access on demand, have just done a team test on the NX. Looks like it was done before even the 200T was launched here. It didn't do bad, with Tiff Needell liking it most, especially the clock. Vikki Butler Henderson was okay on it, but Johnny didn't like the whining engine/"cvt" gearbox combo. They were all surprised it did so well off road. Given that they have tested the IS300h without saying too much about it other than how the sound system played a gearbox changing track (you can find this on youtube), I think they overemphasised the NX gearbox sound issue. They loved the interior of course. Overall they scored it 23 out of 30, which is pretty good for them.

Fifth Gear, which is now on the History Channel for those of you on Sky (I know, History Channel shows everything other than history) and can access on demand, have just done a team test on the NX. Looks like it was done before even the 200T was launched here. It didn't do bad, with Tiff Needell liking it most, especially the clock. Vikki Butler Henderson was okay on it, but Johnny didn't like the whining engine/"cvt" gearbox combo. They were all surprised it did so well off road. Given that they have tested the IS300h without saying too much about it other than how the sound system played a gearbox changing track (you can find this on youtube), I think they overemphasised the NX gearbox sound issue. They loved the interior of course. Overall they scored it 23 out of 30, which is pretty good for them.

They were spot on about the NX on most counts. Surprising they didn't say anything about getting up that steep hill. It looked slow as!