Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

'gold' Wing Mirror.

Is it just me? ( Though I'm sure I've seen it in a picture on the web ... )

My nearside wing mirror has an almost smoked tint - my off side doesn't.

Any explanations welcome!

( Just did that thing on my wife's car, whereby you adjust the wing mirrors all the way up/down/left/right. They creaked at first, but then adjusted very smoothly. Made an amazing difference. )

( Just did that thing on my wife's car, whereby you adjust the wing mirrors all the way up/down/left/right. They creaked at first, but then adjusted very smoothly. Made an amazing difference. )

The wing mirrors on my Rx 400 are auto-dimming (electrochromatic) same as the rear view mirror ... I'm assuming they are the same on the 300, if so it has either had a replacement glass fitted (not electrochromatic) or it's damaged & the fluid has leaked out (maybe it's been hit ?)

I always keep mine closed as the dimming ones aren't cheap & can be quite hard to find ...theres a picture at the bottom of this page showing the "stain" on a damaged one ..> http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/87298-wing-mirror-issue/ ..

I'ts an easy job to change the mirror, here's how to get it out... >

Thank you.

The 'thing with the mirrors', just seemed to make the mirrors adjust more easily and smoothly - blow away the cobwebs, as it were...

• Like 1

The wing mirrors on my Rx 400 are auto-dimming (electrochromatic) same as the rear view mirror ... I'm assuming they are the same on the 300, if so it has either had a replacement glass fitted (not electrochromatic) or it's damaged & the fluid has leaked out (maybe it's been hit ?)

I always keep mine closed as the dimming ones aren't cheap & can be quite hard to find ...theres a picture at the bottom of this page showing the "stain" on a damaged one ..> http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/87298-wing-mirror-issue/ ..

I'ts an easy job to change the mirror, here's how to get it out... >

Thank you. I think you're right. There is a very slight 'stain'. Not the end of the world - but interesting to know...

• Like 1

My nearside mirror is the same as yours but it suits my colour RX! (Persian Quartz/Metallic goldy-silver)...!

Isn't that colour commonly known as Biege Chris ?... lol ... reminds me of a ginger girl I knew who used to say her hair was "Auburn" ... it was like a carrot ! ...

Bill,

When looking for an RX about a year ago, both the missus and I hated the "Beige" but couldn't find a car within a 60mile radius we liked!

Buying used, with such little choice was always going to involve a compromise, hence when we bought ours we managed to get the SE-L spec, 100k miles, 13-pin Witter tow bar, FSH and we fell in love with it on the hour long test drive (and I got it for £4k!) - it also has virtually no stone chips to the front or A pillars, which seems quite common on these from others we saw. :)

As time has gone on, we both actually like the colour, it seems to be very gold in the sun and very silvery when overcast and certainly rarer to see the same colour when driving around, it oddly really suits the RX.

Would we buy the same colour on any other car... Maybe not! We aren't ready to chuck an emergency picnic blanket, box of tissues (in a fancy holder) and straw hat on the rear parcel shelf yet!! :)

• Like 2

Only pulling your leg m8, my shogun was nearly exactly the same colour & I love it, Mitsubishi called mine "Frasier Biege" ...

I just find the names the manufacturer's use pretentious, It reminds me of the polished terms estate agents use like "Penthouse Apartment" to describe a top floor flat ... "Rear Courtyard" to describe a backyard ... lol ... I also hate being called sir, it makes me cringe ... that Victorian crap should stay well & truly buried ...

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links