Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi I'm hoping someone can help. I'm in the market to buy a gs300 but have seen a gs450h. Now there is a warning light on and lexus say one of the cells in the Battery is weak, what does that mean? And if it a cheap fix? I do remember that is a common issue but just wanted to know if it will cost an arm and a leg if I bought it.

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

the ad and the price has now changes??

i think any 450h over 100k miles is a big risk even with full history as there is no guarantee when the Battery will start playing up - you also have very common problems like shocks/calipers/leaking waterpump - these problems will wipe out almost all if not great amount of the savings from the hybrid system and 9 times out of 10 the hybrid problems need to be sorted at the dealer

individual cells can be changed, it just isn't something that a Lexus dealer would do, and I don't think you can purchase a cell from Lexus/Toyota. Independants can clean up the contacts, refresh cells and balance them to fix these issues.

The GS seems to have this issue more than other hybrids. I've not heard of this issue with the RX400h and there are many many more of those on the road. The Prius don't suffer as much with this either.

• Like 1

Another option is allow in your budget for purchasing a Lexus extended warranty. Cost £995 for two years and can be paid over 12 monthly instalments.

This really does cover pretty much everything including the hybrid system itself.

Basically, complete piece of mind.

The gs450 really is a superb car and worth the extra.

Of course, I am a little bias as I drive one.

Catl

You can't take out an extended warranty on a vehicle with a known fault. If you aren't purchasing the warranty together with an approved Lexus used vehicle then the dealership will need to inspect it to make sure everything is working before issuing a warranty.

• Like 1

Yes, i should of been clearer, I just meant high mileage isn't an issue if you have the warranty. I think the extended go up to 120,000.

To be honest , unless the dealer was fixing it is not want to purchase one with hybrid probs though as it will get expensive.

Carl

Hey could you tell me more about that extender warranty? Two months ago I bought 2007 GS450h with 108.000 miles on clock, however with FSH and 100.000 done and confirmed by Lexus Milton Keynes. I'd prefer to carry on doing the servicing with Lexus so I suppose I could get the warranty sorted but can't find it on the website. The only thing I can see is the Lexus Essential Care which includes 1 minor, 1 major service and 2x MOT, and you can spread that over 24 months for 28.95/month.

• 2 weeks later...

Another option is allow in your budget for purchasing a Lexus extended warranty. Cost £995 for two years and can be paid over 12 monthly instalments.

This really does cover pretty much everything including the hybrid system itself.

Basically, complete piece of mind.

The gs450 really is a superb car and worth the extra.

Of course, I am a little bias as I drive one.

Catl

Am I mad in thinking the warranty has changed recently? I renewed mine in Jan 2014 for 2 years as I had a 2007 car and I could have sworn that maximum age the car could be when the warranty was taken out was 7 years and I paid nearly £2000.

It's definitely £995 at the moment for two years as I did mine a month or so ago. Lexus did say to me that this was a special price at the moment and could go up. I presumed this was sales talk to urge you to buy quickly but perhaps it is true if you paid nearly double.

I purchased my extended warranty in January of this year.

I paid £795 for two years cover. At the time it was being marketed as two years for the price of one ! I considered it a good deal, especially as it is £79.50 a month for ten months.

This could explain why Del Lardo paid as much as he did.

It's definitely £995 at the moment for two years as I did mine a month or so ago. Lexus did say to me that this was a special price at the moment and could go up. I presumed this was sales talk to urge you to buy quickly but perhaps it is true if you paid nearly double.

The Lexus website states the current prices are good until the end of the year, at which point they may revise them. It was the same situation last year however Lexus kept the prices the same and just fixed them for another year.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links