Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What To Replace An Is-f With.... Decisions Decisions :/

I found the Infiniti dealer experience to be equal, if not better, than Lexus. I very nearly bought a G37 in 2010 instead of the IS-F. In the end, the lack of ex-demonstrator cars meant I would have needed to order a new one to get the spec I wanted, and I was fearful of huge depreciation.

Back in those days, part of the ownership proposition was that they come and collect the car from you for service. That was 5 years ago so it may have changed now they have more dealers.

By the way, I haven't actually driven a Q50, so I can't offer views on how it compares against Lexus and Jaguar, but talking about it now makes me tempted to look at it again as a wildcard for my next car

Very interesting topic! I too am one of the v few ISF owners in Ireland, black 08 originally bought and reg by lexus main dealer in Galway. Being a car fanatic I have had alot of cars and move up on power each and every time. I have reached the point where I too worry about where to go next. But tbh I didnt think I had anywhere to go after my 32 GTR and supra TT6 but hey I couldnt be happier now.

On the tax side of things, there are ways of bending the rules if you want to PM me. Where theres a will theres a way!

I thought the number was 3 ISFs in the county, never knew there was another in Munster! Cant believe u went from R35 to ISF.

GTR35's are meant to to costly to look after.

Sorry to beat around the bush, ?I cant think of a solid option! Keep it!

Just back from a few weeks hol. Thanks for all the input/feedback and suggestions all.

As an update, I decided to defer the decision for another 6 months! The cost of change to something else will be high and all the hassle so procrastinating it out for a while... more V8 fun for a while yet.

@RossISF I think I test drove your Lexus back in 2012 at Cameron Cars in Dublin :) It's a small world in Ireland. I've actually seen the other 2 IS-Fs in Ireland too. White one is owned by a lexus technician at Galway lexus. PM sent btw -- any tips appreciated!

The GTR R35 was an awesome weapon but I just couldn't justify the E20k import duty and E2500+ road tax per year. In the scheme of performance cars the R35 wasn't that bad to run actually. It was a bit of a step down to the IS-F performance wise... 690bhp AWD to 420ish but the lexus v8 rocks and so does the reliability (tho I had no issues what so ever with the GTR either). Do miss being able to just floor it and not worry about the wheel spin or the rear waggling :)

they will all insure you in Ireland/EU wide,, or they should do. Its pretty much illegal for them not to afaik. They do this for a short term as part of your policy.

if you mean insuring a Irish reg car it could be a different thing. Insurance a bit much? I thought it was a uk reg car to be used in Ireland/EU.

Not sure this grace period extends to 6 months anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links