Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Yesterday when I tried to start my car all the warning lights on the dash came on, the heater fan came on full and the display between the speedo and the rev counter showed SRS System error, contact dealer. This is the third time since I bought the car in early June that this has happened. After two or three attempts the car will eventually start and it runs fine after that.

The strange thing is that only happens afer the car has been worked on - twice when I was cleaning the car and once just after I had the steering alignment checked.

Could it be the 12 volt Battery being drained while the doors are open or am I looking at something more expensive? I wouldn't have thought that the interior lights would cause much of a drain on the system.

Any ideas?

It's possible that the Battery is being flattened while the doors are opened as the Battery is designed just to kick the hybrid system into life after which the hybrid Battery takes over so it isn't the usual cranking power type.

May be worth having the 12 Volt Battery checked especially if it is the original.

• Like 1

Thanks, Steve that's what I figured. The Battery looks original with a 2008 date code, and there is nothing in the service history about it being replaced. It is likley to be a "standard" Battery or is this something that only Lexus can supply? Besides the + and - 12V connections there is another connector on the side of the Battery. It's reading about 12.2 Volts with the doors closed and 11.8 Volts with the doors open. I'll check the voltage if it happens again.

Thanks guys. I got it checked at a local tyre & Battery shop who seemed to think it was weak, but didn't want to touch it because of the extra connections, so I'm waiting for a call back from my Lexus dealer.

Hi... regarding the sensor in the original 12 Volt Battery.... This is
taken from the European Lexus Club site (translated from German to
English language by me...totally NOT understandable by Google Translator
:-) )

Written by the member 2008LS600H.....

Now I have paid my dues. I hope at least someone else can do good for my experience.

To be sure I do have ordered a new original Battery for 397 EU gross at www.original-teile.de.

When removing the old Battery I wanted to find out where the wire went
and find out what it was... it was possible that the sensor was wedged
deep down between the plates..so it could measure the temp in a decent
way....I thought..

I began to take away the silicone where the sensor dissappear at the top
of the Battery...and that was that...I had the sensor between my
fingertips....

So it's stuck just above the hole on the Battery. I have taken a picture.

On top it says: 202AT. Google had the solution: An AT thermistor. ( original in German language:

eine schnöder Thermistor) ....

AT THERMISTOR

The AT thermistor is a high-precision thermal

sensing device featuring extremely small

B-value tolerance and resistance.

When used as a temperature gauge, the AT

thermistor requires no adjustment between

the control circuit and the sensor.

This insures temperature precision of 0.3 C. (32.54 F.)

Temperature indicators and control instruments

are now available for use with the thermistor.

The data sheet is here:
http://www.datasheetarchive.com/dl/Datasheets-D1/DSAHI0005740.pdf

post-10489-0-19704800-1359567199.jpg

And here is where the Thermistor wires goes into the original Battery in my car: (The tube is for venting the Battery to the outside of the vehicle)

LS600batterysensor.jpg

Regards

Arvid