Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Satnav Center Control Swap Question?

I'm looking at buying a Lexus is200 but the only problem is that controller in the center is a small half size unit. Would it be possible to swap that out with the full size button type controller with ease? Is it a simple swap over the wires and that's it or more involved?

It's a nightmare looking for my perfect lexus. What i'm trying to find is a Charcoal grey, Satnav, sport, very tidy no damage outside and tidy interior with 8+months MOT for £900 £1,000 if the car is perfect but means i need to wait an extra week to collect it.

Why is it so hard to find the right car. Anyway back to the original question can it be done easy or not?

Thanks

James.

Hi and welcome to the club,what controller are you on about as I don't fully understand what you mean

Hi and thank you.

the controller in the center of the car next to the handbrake looks like This I would like to swap it out with this Type

I hope that helps a little.

Hi I see what you mean,am not entirely sure you can,l think the earlier models came with the small remotes and the later models with the controls on the centre console which I have,further more the earlier models had a 5in screen(generation00 sat nav) and the later models a 7in screen(generation 01 sat nav)

• Like 1

Ok then. Thank you for the reply. I'll keep looking to find the exact model/features i like and maybe i'll see you on here again very soon showing off my new pride and joy.

Thank you once again Scudney.

Hi and welcome to the LOC, we are a
friendly bunch and some of us even know how to pull the to bits and
put them back together again, with of course the one bolt and washer
left over. If there is a way for your modification someone will pop up with the answer. Regards Mike.

I'd say it won't be easy. In 2001 the IS had a major facelift, one changing being the Sat Nav. It went from a CD based system using a 4:3 screen to a DVD based system with a 16:9 widescreen - all of the components are completely different.

Also, is the first gen satnav with the handheld remote not i/r and the newer style hard wired?

Oh and welcome to the best place for knowledge, friendly banter and help for you and your is200.