Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Changig Speakers Rear Doors

remyhre

Has anyone tried to echange the rear door bass speakers Mark Levinson with the same as front doors as I'm tired of them giving out an distorting long before the rest of the stereo.

• 4 weeks later...

I would suggest leave the factory as is. add a subwoofer to your system in the trunk.

This way you reduce the bass from the stereo which you give you more head room before distortion comes in.

If you are into audio system like me then first use an oscope and play test tone and narrow done which frequency causes distortion. if it's low (<60 Hz)then you need a subwoofer 12inch and my suggestion will work good. If it's 100hz or less 10inch. Else you need to diagnose further. I am keeping it short and skipped a lot of details.

• 3 months later...

I'm planning on replacing the original woofer with dual 8" Focal Utopias. Pondering on if i should use closed enclosure or making a ported one with the port going in the ski hatch. Only problem is finding a remote signal. I don't want to use the easy hack and wire into the rear light harness. If anyone has the wire diagram for the 2010 ML amp, that would help a lot

Contact ML directly. They should help.

I suggest get an aftermarket amp to power the sub. Most amp these days (like JBL) can take high level input so you do not need RCA. I think stock ML amp might be underpowered.

If you are going ahead with ML make certain it has enough power to pound the sub and not distort. Rule of thumb is amp should be 100 to 200 % more powerful then the sub. Else you won't get any bass and what you get will be terrible. I have been through this road. If you have ample power 150-200% then go with sealed enclosure for crisp punch. else if you are underpowered 75-100% go with ported. Internet is full info. Do it right the first time else it adds to cost.

The ML amp is definitely underpowered, I'm going to use an extra amp, probably Focal, JL or if i can find one used Brax, because those are expensive. I just need to know what wire in the ML amp harness is the remote on wire.

Sent fra min E5823 via Tapatalk