Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is 200 Satnav Removed By Previous Owner, Any Advice?

Hi, I hope someone can fill in some blanks for me as only recently bought this car. 2004 Is 200 sport UK model.

The previous owner, for some reason, removed the sat nav. Then replaced it with the standard flip up parcel tray.

I have a button by the gearstick saying TM but of course doesn't do anything, plus i have a cable that comes from under the dash and over the top, with a sensor at the end.

Is that supposed to be there or is this something maybe left over if they had their own satnav in there instead?

If so, can the wire be ripped out or will it affect anything?

How much would it cost to have someone fit a 2nd had lexus nav back in?

If i had lexus nav put back in, i prob wouldnt use it though(!) i am just thinking of the cars resale value, not that i plan to get rid of!

Thanks

post-53817-0-84138200-1439126708_thumb.j

post-53817-0-01849000-1439126776_thumb.j

That lead on the dash with the black thing on it is an aftermarket satellite receiver. The button "tm" is also aftermarket. The flip up dash tray you have is standard on a lot of 04/05 cars.

I don't think your car ever had factory sat nav fitted. I think the previous owner had an aftermarket sat nav that was probably a double din head unit or where the flip up tray is now.

Fitting a lexus nav is way more trouble than it's worth. Would require you to strip the interior of the car and boot to run the 3 meter wiring loom. The lexus nav on the 200 is also very very dated so it's a lot of work for a rubbish sat nav unit basically.

The TM button is for TrafficMaster - http://www.lrseries.com/shop/product/listing/17266/LRSNAV-TRAFFICMASTER-SMART-NAV-SYSTEM-GPS.html

As Chris says, the module on the dash with a wire in it is a GPS receiver. Quite possibly from the TraffiMaster install.

And also as Chris says, the standard sat nav is not worth the time or money to fit. You'll end up having to strip the entire inside of the vehicle, change the entire wiring loom, quite possibly the stereo and/or amplifier, and at the end of it you'll have a 10+ year out of date, non touch screen, non 3D sat nav.

• Like 1

ok that's fair enough I reckon and I thought as much.

I'm going to snip that cable off now, its been annoying me for the past 2 weeks I have had the car.

First Lexus I've owned since 2004 so just getting to know it.

(Although I reckon I may also take those front "splitters" off the spoiler too, it makes a statement but perhaps not one that I wanted to make)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links