I was in Charmouth Dorset yesterday and saw the following :-

First, here are the ingredients -

one 4 x 4 vehicle

two giggly young mothers

three children

main road - bus route

double yellow lines

ice cream shop

Said young mothers pull up outside ice cream shop, double yellow lines clearly visible, they park by partly mounting the pavement, no pushchairs or mobility scooters could get past without going into the road. On the opposite side of the road, limited time parking is available but no spaces at this time. There is also a car park just around the corner from the ice cream shop.

Everyone jumps from the 4 x 4 and invades the ice cream shop, great deliberations ensue because there is so much choice, it really is a very difficult task to make a decision as to which combination of flavours to go for to fill the chosen 'double cones', so much so that people behind decide not to wait any longer and either give up on the idea of an ice cream altogether or, to find another shop. All this time (some ten minutes) the hazards are happily blinking away on the by now very lonely

4 x 4.

Decision made, money paid, back out to the car, kids pile in the back, young mums lift the tailgate and plonk their backsides against the rear of the car and happily lick away at their well made choice of flavour/s, totally oblivious of the vehicles having to stop behind them to allow the traffic coming down the main road in the opposite direction. Then the Exeter to Weymouth bus comes along and lo and behold, more congestion, but who cares eh, we've got our hazards on!

Ice cream eaten, palate satisfied, time to go now. Oh no, can't go yet, one of them realises that some birthday cards are needed and so its off to the newsagency opposite.

You may ask why I didn't say something to them. Well I had an overwhelming fear that they would knock me to the ground and sit on me whilst they finished their ice cream!!

Are the Hazzard lights? as we all know switch your Hazzard warning lights on and you can do anything you like by breaking motoring laws around the country, with your Hazzard warning lights on immediately makes your vehicle invisible and also means you are not now committing an offence. Mike.

You think thats bad?

The other day I saw a 30 year old -ish woman park on double yellow with a disability badge and she was clearly NOT disabled. It was probably her father's or something

She parked pretty close to the car which was behind her so I went and parked on the double yellows in front until the parking sensors went beep and I was only about 10cm away (parking space was so tight) - stuck my Doctor On Call badge on the dash and went on my home visit - safe to say she couldn't get out and was sat there waiting for me to come and move my car LOL

She opened her window saying "why did you park so close - been here for 10 minutes waiting for you to get out" - I just said "serves you right - that disabled badge isn't yours you shouldn't be parking here" - she didn't say anything!

• Like 3

So how did you decide that the badge was not hers? Some conditions are not readily visible so people tend to assume that unless the person has 1 leg the badge is not theirs.