Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Creaky/squeeky Clutch Pedal

kev dood

For a while now I have noticed that if I am sat in traffic or after a while driving, when pulling away and lifting the clutch pedal up, there is a sort of squeek/creak.

The car was in early this week, but as usual it was not apparent! The lady on the service desk (very helpful too) said that it should just required oiling, but there is a known problem with something behind the clutch pedal type area (sorry forgot actual details). This requires the removal of the gearbox etc to get to the area in question to fix it.

This obviously could cause more problems than it will fix!

Question is, warrenty runs out end of Jan, so do I leave it and hope a squirt of oil will do the trick. Or can I say that as I raised this during the warrenty, will they honour it later??

• 1 month later...
mine done that when i  bought it,spray some WD 40 on it underneath and it`ll vanish for good :P

Hi! I seem to have the same problem. They have been trying to sort it out by opening the gearbox but still the enoying&squeeky sound from the clutch pedal.

Where ecactly did you spray some WD40?

I sprayed some WD40 right up in there, on the coil of the clutch, you really have to stick your head right up there :)

Squeak gone for good...

When I'm driving tho, on the passenger side there's a strange noise I so cannot describe it! It's like someone patting the seat.. any ideas?

mine done that when i  bought it,spray some WD 40 on it underneath and it`ll vanish for good :P

Hi! I seem to have the same problem. They have been trying to sort it out by opening the gearbox but still the enoying&squeeky sound from the clutch pedal.

Where ecactly did you spray some WD40?

hi mate,like has been said ,look up under the pedal and spray,mine hasnt come back ,that was a year and a half ago,you need wd 40 or equiv though,not cheep rubbish. :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links