Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My new arrival

Hi guys - got the IS monday morning and I am chuffed to bits with it, definately worth the 8 week wait.

Here are my initial thoughts:

Dealer Service - Lexus Sheffield were excellent all round. I got the GAP thrown in for £250, nice box of chocs and a golf umbrella:)

Styling kit - Looks very well fitted and sideskirts just look like they were fitted at factory. Sticher complained about the finish on his alloys being ******* - mine are absolutely spot on

Driving - An absolute dream to drive (if a little bit slow). Sounds quite sporty already but still cant wait for HKS muffler! Handles very well, but hopefully even better when I fit my new strut brace.

Only one slight fault with driving experience so far:

Seems a little sluggish accelerating. I would have thought a 2 litre car would have accelerated up a slight incline in 4th @ 40mph, without having to change in to 3rd. I think I will put this down to it not being run in yet.

On the whole I am very, very impressed

:D:tumble::D I have had a few kids pointing at it so far which is quite cool:cool:

ps, I have only washed it twice:lol:

Originally posted by Chris Shipley

Congratulations on ypur new arrival

ps They do become better once there is a few thousand miles on the clock

Yep!

For me it was 5000, so maybe you should plan a few trips to scotland and eat up those miles:lol:

Congrats and wish you many happy days in the driving seat.

Hi Andy,

Great car! (I would say that as its exactly the same as mine!!) Agree about the power, I think the big let down with the IS is that is sounds so good! You just expect that bit more when you put your foot down. Mine has 5K on it now and it just keeps getting better.

Enjoy

Andy T

Andy,

Car looks really good. I'm sure you agree that it must have the side skirts. Don't know why they don't include this in the factory kit ?

Now have 1500 miles on mine and its still really sluggish, I'm getting hacked off with the boy racers at the traffic lights so hope it will free up shortly.

Lost a balance weight of the back wheel last week and started getting vibration so pulled out the spare and found the wheel covered in paint runs !!

PS : I got champagne and my wife got a bouquet of flowers from Lex Aberbeen :D

Originally posted by Claire G

Looks really good - just needs your club stickers in the window now!:lol:

It was the first thing I did when I got the car home claire!

teamlexus.co.uk in back window, fast and luxurious in rear quarterlight, and green round 'un in the top right of the windscreen

Getting a bit pis*ed off keeping the revs below 4000 (I sneaked 6000 once to see if i could feel the VVTI kick in but no joy:( )

Sticher - I agree on the sideskirts, why do they not fit them as part of the kit??? It finishes the car off nicely. I had another look on the wheels and I cannot find anything amiss. I will check the spare tomorrow and let you know.

My fu*king Cusco strut brace still has not arrived from Japan yet:mad::flaming::mad: Have you decided which one to get yet Zee?

The fly by wire throttle will only deliver a percentage of the power initially - I believe I was told it was 80% until you have done over 2000 miles, then goes up to 95% - don't get the full monty until you have done over 6000 miles

Re ; running the car in - in my experience, do what the book says for the first 1200 miles - keep it between 2 and 4 revs.

After that, drive it hard - not only is it fun - but I have found it really helps the engine and gearbox loosen up.

Warm it up - then get it to the red line in as many gears as you (safely and reasonably) can.

I found my engine revved much more freely after a few good blasts

:D:D:D:D:D

Thats no fun at all!

never said that bit was fun:(

but (*** forbid) should anything go wrong - who have done it "by the book"

How do think I felt?

Got mine new when I was on a contract that was a ten mile daily commute - do you know how long it took me to do those 1200 miles?

THEN - with 1700 miles on the clock, some silly old girl crashes into me and writes it off!

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner Andy - just noticed your question!!! No - not decided yet. Doing a few other mods at the moment (all will become clear once they are done - I will post piccys), so strut brace is on the back burner... ;)

Originally posted by Stitcher

Now have 1500 miles on mine and its still really sluggish, I'm getting hacked off with the boy racers at the traffic lights so hope it will free up shortly.

Wait till about 9000 miles they will be eating your dust

Looks nice in Black Chris. That was my second choice colour - problem is keeping a black car clean:(

If the car is an 02/02, then why does it only come with a one year warranty? Surely it would have the remainder of the 3 year warranty?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links