Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I do like the look of a lowered 400 with a nice set of wheels.

Unfortunately, here in the UK, the market for such cars is rather small compared to the US. They also change hands for a lot more cash over there - even in stock form.

The first picture you put up is from a car currently listed on Swapz.

Nice car, but has been on there for quite some time now

http://www.swapz.co.uk/swapz/5461661/Lexus_LS400_V8_auto_bagged_airride_stance_vip/

Thanks to all you guys for taking the time to add your comments to this thread,

I've drove it a few times since collecting it & I must say it is a joy to drive, quiet,smooth & I don't feel like clearing it's throat like I did in the aristo,

Im not a young boy racer & won't be abusing it planting my foot in the carpet at every set of lights in fact it's slowed me down even more.

Regarding modifications it's just something I like, something I've been into for a while.

Maybe it's me being a bit vain with the whole (look at me,look at my car) sort of thing. I don't know. I'm 45 & some may say I'm to old for all that stuff (the Mrs included)

She hates the ls4 thinks it's big & ugly as it is.

But after my previous cars looking at the ls4's & all the celsiors in japan I'm attracted to one of these on bigger alloys & lowered they just appeal to me.

I understand it isn't or won't be to everyones taste. But I think most of us have changed something on a vehicle in our ownership & yes I understand wheels suspension could ruin all the hardwork & money lexus have put into making this the car it is.

39buss. I know exactly what you mean, 😁 he didn't have a clue. On the test drive & while I was looking over it he was talking nonsense showing & telling me stuff that made no odds if I bought it or not like the two passenger glove boxes,

that it has rear heated seats & the rear cig lighters are unused.

I don't even think he knew how to work the sat nav as he said he was going to update it but didn't bother. (only for me to find a month old garmin sat nav complete with £100 receipt) under the seat when I got home. 😁 bonus!!

Rudd, yeah I've seen it on swapz it has an issue with the air suspension I was in contact with the previous owner down south back in February when it was for sale.

Also the previous owner before him a year or so ago who paid a decent amount for it parked it on his parents drive & left it til the Battery died & all the air had leaked out then put it back up for sale..

I really enjoy clicking in the Cruise Control, turning up the music and eating up the miles. I smile indulgently at the boy racers as they pass.......no matter how fast they go - they aren't sitting in an LS :)

• Like 2

I really enjoy clicking in the Cruise Control, turning up the music and eating up the miles. I smile indulgently at the boy racers as they pass.......no matter how fast they go - they aren't sitting in an LS :)

................. and it's amazingly unlikely that they could go as fast or as quick as you if you put them to the test ..................

Malc

• 1 month later...

Just a little update on R483 gave it its first proper run since buying it manchester to Scotland a little traffic on m60 & m61.

In short, sat back, got comfy,set the cruise

Arrived chilled & fresh..

DSC_1648.jpg

Just a little update on R483 gave it its first proper run since buying it manchester to Scotland a little traffic on m60 & m61.

In short, sat back, got comfy,set the cruise

Arrived chilled & fresh..

DSC_1648.jpg

Just to update the quoted post..

Drove for around an hour on country roads

From the hotel to the castle where a family wedding was being held.

On the return journey home the cruise was set at 80mph with a few three figure speeds reached. ( avoiding getting in sticky situations)

I had to nip to a friends on the way back, my average speed reading was 77mph then a 20 min journey home. I knocked around an hour off the return journey with the final figures here.

_20151101_232601.jpg

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Looks like my latest post has been deleted, 

Edited would of been fine,  leaving in my general thoughts on owning/driving/what I think other road users think of the Ls4..also as a little update..

I now understand I'm not to post certain things unless I'm a gold member (forgive me for that error) but a lot of my post was about what I've mentioned above.

For example I've had it since September last year, used it everyday without issues only covered 2000 miles & enjoyed it.

Sometimes it gets the looks, either from some who know what it is & some who think it looks good for an (old) R reg 

It's surprised a few aswell.

As mentioned in earlier posts my plan was to modify it but for the purists out there I haven't touched it. It's still the same as pictured in earlier posts.

And I must admit I think I was correct in looking for a green one, there seems to be a bit of a speckle in the paintwork that I think looks great..something I didn't notice til it was sunny & the car was clean 

14 hours ago, rock on said:

Looks like my latest post has been deleted, 

Edited would of been fine,  leaving in my general thoughts on owning/driving/what I think other road users think of the Ls4..also as a little update..

I now understand I'm not to post certain things unless I'm a gold member (forgive me for that error) but a lot of my post was about what I've mentioned above.

For example I've had it since September last year, used it everyday without issues only covered 2000 miles & enjoyed it.

Sometimes it gets the looks, either from some who know what it is & some who think it looks good for an (old) R reg 

It's surprised a few aswell.

As mentioned in earlier posts my plan was to modify it but for the purists out there I haven't touched it. It's still the same as pictured in earlier posts.

And I must admit I think I was correct in looking for a green one, there seems to be a bit of a speckle in the paintwork that I think looks great..something I didn't notice til it was sunny & the car was clean 

Deleted for being a bad,bad boy!  I know there has to be rules, and this has been mentioned many,many times so not much point in me going over it again as it just gets backs up. However, I have been through the same thing so I know how you feel.  Fab looking LS BTW, lovely colour combo. 

• 2 months later...

Just a little update on living with the ls4, 

I honestly can't fault it, I've reached around 119,500 miles  from 116,000 in the 10 months I've owned it. 

It's booked in for its mot next Saturday so will see what the outcome is. Its not cost me a penny so far. 

ive already spoken to my mechanic mate who looks after my cars to give it a service when I reach 12 months of ownership 

That's it for this update & will post up next week's mot news. 

• 2 weeks later...

Car was booked in for 30th July as mentioned above, i sat there for just over an hour & nobody turned up.

Not impressed so had them collect it from my home & drop it off when finished today.

The only noticeable issues I had were one headlight out (I asked them to source one & fit)

It's fitted with xenons so had my pants pulled down with them getting a d2r bulb..

The (windscreen washer)  level on the dash was illuminated, has been since I purchased it but a brand new boxed replacement was in the glove box so had them fit that aswell 

So the outcome was a pass with no advisorys happy days.

• 11 months later...

Just a little update

Apologies for being absent for a while..

Booked in this morning for mot

Another pass with two minor advisories.

nearside rear tyre sidewall & offside wing mirror cracked but not obscuring view

Mileage today, 123,954. Just over 4100 in the last 12 months.

Happy days.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 3

good to get the update ....... I've just been exploring door mirror glass for my Honda Legend  ( my Ls400 ones are ok ) and even tho it's not a stock item with kim@wingmirrorman.co.uk   she will make a stick on mirror glass to fit ( to my template sent to her ) for £20 all-up !

I haven't explored Ls400 door mirror glass with her ....  maybe it's a stock item 

But only if you're interested ! :wink3:

Malc

• Like 3

Cheers malc,

Someone has hit it driving past & dislodged everything attached to the back of glass the cover is ok,

I'll just have to purchase what's needed off fleabay.

Mileage when i bought it & a milestone for me as it's the first time I've had a car clock 123456 in my possession

bdfa107c071e1cd1d3dc0f0aadc6b308.jpgdb677ba6ccfae535cce28ee3eb691e56.jpg

• Like 1

Hi rock on,  Good to hear it's still running well but only to be expected as it looked a really good car when I saw it nearly 2 years ago. Since then I've had a 51 Merc C class which I sold after 4 weeks, a 53 Merc E 200 which developed a brake problem and the dealer refunded my money after 2 weeks of ownership, a 99 Honda Legend which was sold after 3 weeks when I found a gearbox oil leak and the LS430 went last Nov after nearly a years ownership.  Since Feb, I've been running an 07 Merc E280 V6 3 ltr petrol auto in beautiful nick, nice and smooth and quiet, but doesn't compare with the refined silence of an LS 

• Like 2