Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New H&s Cat Back System Fitted And Wow !

Had the the system fitted on wednesday and its is monumental.....

If i am honest I dont know if I can live with it ! Its soo aggressive and the noise at low speed is a bit excessive for me... So there will be an embarrassing call tomorrow to H&S to see if anything they can do to drop the noise levels below 2500rpm./generally.

Anyone else had this issue or is it just me !

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

Had mine done over a year ago and at the time I too thought Wow, that's noisy. Driving back from Essex around half of the M25 didn't change my mind. It is EPIC. Does it quieten over time ? Nah, but you do get used to it so it will appear to quieten down.

I called them last week to book mine.. but now might be selling it for business investmets.. feel sad to think about selling it.. by far the best ive owned.. in th wise words of Arnie.. "i'll be back"

but back on topic.. is the exhaust that loud? I watched stu's video and it seemed bareable hence why i called H&S.. on the other hand when u mess with the silencers your asking for noise... just enjoy it.. if its that bad.. tell them to fit the stock one back on after a few months

post some pics and video maybe inside the car driving

Quick update... Getting slowly used to it....love the growl but still unsure of the motorway speed the drone of the exhaust isnt relaxing after an hour or so.... Might go back to making it a single pipe system instead of a dual pipe system from the cats but will give it a month.

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

If you want it quieter maybe get them to fit a valve? The switch would be a blank on your console. You can then make the exhaust loud or quiet. Or, get a muffler added to each pipe? They may even have another option.

I asked H&S about having a switchable exhaust. They told me they couldn't do a system to quieten an already loud exhaust, you'd have to have a quiet exhaust and a valve to make it louder, if that makes sense!

I asked H&S about having a switchable exhaust. They told me they couldn't do a system to quieten an already loud exhaust, you'd have to have a quiet exhaust and a valve to make it louder, if that makes sense!

Oh... Bummer.

I had an exhaust added about two weeks ago and have a valve on a remote to bypass the silencers. This makes it louder and deeper around town but gets rid of the drone at 70mph. I normally drive in the louder mode but it is nice to have a more muted sound for early mornings/ late nights. The note from the car is much improved , up to 4000rpm in particular, with a great burble under load. It is not quite as good a note as I had with teh Larini exhaust on my last car but it certainly makes me want to keep the Lexus for that little bit longer.

• Like 1

I found the Borla system a perfect compromise of more than loud enough on throttle, without being intrusive or droney on a cruise; it's actually marginally louder than the standard system when cruising.

Personally I done find the h&s system intrusive at all and my clips of pre and post when cruising show that there is very little sound difference. I should have used my db meter pre and post but didn't think about it at the time.

It was 850 when I had mine fitted. I think an extra 250 if you want a valves system. I should have asked for commission! There must be 10+ isf's with their system since mine was first through their doors :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links