Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hid Lights

I only realised today that the is300 dose not have separate bulbs for main & dipped beam and the single HID lens actually tilts up for main beam. How then can you give a quick flash of the lights to let someone out of a side road?

The HID surely takes a few seconds to fire up??

My wife's car has HID`s only for dipped, the main beam being standard halogens.

Ed :innocent:

Intrigued, indeed somewhat worried, by the OP, I asked my wife to flash the lights as I stood watching

on the pavement. The flashes were both instantaneous and highly visible. As a result, I remain intrigued

but no longer worried.

I got my daughter to flash the lights by pulling the stalk while I watched. They did illuminate immediately but also stayed on! The back tail lights were on to. Not sure what is going on seems odd or does my car have a fault?

I got my daughter to flash the lights by pulling the stalk while I watched. They did illuminate immediately but also stayed on! The back tail lights were on to. Not sure what is going on seems odd or does my car have a fault?

I'm not sure but I think she may have triggered the "follow me home" function. I'm ready to be corrected but I think if you pull the stalk towards you and hold for a couple of seconds, on release the lights stay on for a short while. Helps you find the front door in the dark ! It's probably in the menu's somewhere lol

I'm not sure but I think she may have triggered the "follow me home" function. I'm ready to be corrected but I think if you pull the stalk towards you and hold for a couple of seconds, on release the lights stay on for a short while. Helps you find the front door in the dark ! It's probably in the menu's somewhere lol

That function is usually (I think) with the ignition OFF

That function is usually (I think) with the ignition OFF

That didn't take long!

Forgive me, maybe I'm being a bit simple here :unsure:

Is the flashing of lights done in dipped beam mode, without the need for the lens to move ?

Surely, dipped or main is irrelevant as long as the lights flash ? :)

Surely, dipped or main is irrelevant as long as the lights flash ?

My previous car had HID`s for dipped and halogens for main beam. Flashing the lights used the main beam halogens. The HID`s took about 5 seconds to reach full brightness so not used for a quick flash.

My Fsport has HID`s and they do seem to flash immediately but I dont understand how a HID bulb can be instantaneous? Or are they actually LED`s.....................My previous was vintage 2003 so perhaps technology has just moved along!!

Are these factory fitted xenons or aftermarket HIDs? Because factory xenons light up MUCH more quickly than aftermarket ones, because factory ballasts (typically Denso) are properly made an costs between £300-£600 to replace, and aftermarket ones are typically non-branded Chinese copy's that cost £15 to replace. There's your difference

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links