Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi

Well as you know my car was involved in an accident (mk3 gs300), and I was car less, well as a run about until I can afford to maybe but another mk3, I've bought a mk2 gs430, and what a lovely car it is. It doesn't have sat nav but then again I've never used a sat nav in a Lexus as they aint very good anyway, and on the way back from Portsmouth I did notice when braking it judders, I assume it's warped brake discs, and I've gotta get the air con re gassed, but apart from that, it's a lovely car. It light greenish in colour, oh and the person I bought it off put white alloys on it, i may change them, but apart from that I'm quiet happy with it so far.

Seized or sticky calipers are common which overheats the disks and warps them.

I would go for a brake overhaul either have the calipers cleaned or new pins replaced or replace the lot... Big heavy powerful car is the 430 and you don't want to end up off the road.

• 2 weeks later...

Out of interest, does the reg plate on your new car end in HFG? If so, it's probably my much-loved old one... the age, colour and approx location where you say you bought it all match up and it's not exactly a common car.

It'd be nice to know where it ended up (though I'm disappointed to hear it's got white wheels on it at the moment!)

Hi Mike B the number plate ends with fhl and it is a nice car. Just one mark on it but apart from that for the year it's mint. The white wheels are growing on me. But I will get the colour changed to its normal silver colour. Eml was on, so I've replaced all o2 sensors using Denso ones but for some reason eml is still on. It's got a good service history by lexus and indy but it doesn't say anywhere sparkplugs have been replaced and it is missing a tiny bit so I'm going to give it a full service hopefully that should switch the eml off but eml isn't bothering me as it drives like a lexus should, no drop in fuel consumption or anything like that.

Ah OK, it must be a different car then. Still, they're a lovely drive and I still miss mine after almost 5 years - though I do still very much like the Alfa 159 sportwagon (estate) that I replaced it with, and there's no doubt the estate is far more practical for my needs these days.

I used to average 23mpg from mine, less in town obviously, and about 28ish on a longer run. It was a wonderful place to sit and after a long and difficult day at work, with sometimes 300 miles of dark, wet, journey home, there are few cars that could have made a better job of that sort of journey. I had it about 4 years and did 50k miles, and the only that thing that went wrong with it, ever, was a completely dead Battery after I left the internal lights switched on whilst away on business for a week.

When it's time does come to change the Alfa, I'll probably come back to Lexus, probably an NX or RX though, to keep the hatchback/estate practicality aspect.

Hi Mike B the number plate ends with fhl and it is a nice car. Just one mark on it but apart from that for the year it's mint. The white wheels are growing on me. But I will get the colour changed to its normal silver colour. Eml was on, so I've replaced all o2 sensors using Denso ones but for some reason eml is still on. It's got a good service history by lexus and indy but it doesn't say anywhere sparkplugs have been replaced and it is missing a tiny bit so I'm going to give it a full service hopefully that should switch the eml off but eml isn't bothering me as it drives like a lexus should, no drop in fuel consumption or anything like that.

what fault codes are showing on it?

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links