Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Reversing Light(s)

I noticed yesterday that although the rear light clusters are mirror image of each other, there is only one active reversing light, on the nearside. Many vehicles have this, with the rear fog on the offside, but that bit of the lens is then red, whereas the IS has a matching clear area.

Is it just a cost cutting exercise, or is there a reason? I can understand why only one rear fog light might be fitted, so it's not confused with brake lights (although I disagree, but that's another topic!) but only one reversing light? Come on.....

Hopefully everything's there except the bulb, I haven't had chance to check yet.

Malcolm

I thought exactly the same, fortunately with the reversing camera one is adequate (unless the lens is covered in spray! )

On an old golf we had, that only had one rear fog, all that was needed was to snap out the metal in the bulb holder and fit a bulb and it worked, I don't thinit would be so simple in the IS.

• Like 1

Didn't think about the camera, as it's the first car I've had with one! But I do like symmetry....

I've also never had a blank reversing light before, hence the thread, but I have had blank fog lights, which, as you say, Tony, were either simply missing a bulb, or I tapped into the live one to connect the second. I think I may pull the light cluster off and have look, because I want to replace the amber bulbs with chrome ones which flash amber. I don't like the existing 'fried egg' look of Amber bulbs in clear lenses.

Reporting the fog light mod on another forum prompted the " confusion with brake lights" discussion I referred to, I've probably opened the same can of worms here. Hey ho

Malcolm

Hi Malcom

You like symmetry and your favourite car had only one wheel at the back???? Very nice though.😂😂

ah, yes, Richard, but looking from the back, apart from the steering wheel to the right, it IS perfectly symmetrical...............

Doesn't have any reversing lights, though, as it doesn't have a reverse gear!

Glad you like it, I built it about 15 years ago, from kit

• Like 1

The Fog & the reversing light I suspect are both LED`s one red one white so they look the same when switched off.

Doh! How stupid do I feel now - just been out to the car and checked, you are quite correct in your assumption, Edward.

Many thanks, I had looked at the handbook, and wasn't particularly looking forward to accessing the bulb holder.....

Malcolm

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links