Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I am looking to replace two tyres and have been offered a deal for two Michelin Latitude Sport 3 XL

To fit 235x55x19 fully fitted for £258 for the pair.

Is this a good price and what are the Latitude sport 3 like . They are A rated for wet and 70 for noise.

Has anybody run these tyres are they quiet

Thats a stonking price BUT -

XL? Completely unneeded on the Lexus RX - XL basically means stiffer sidewalls = worse ride comfort

Personally, Id go for the Michelin Latitude Tour HP in 235/55 r19 101v fitment, firstly because I have them and they're really good tyres, others also have them and highly recommend them and they are standard fitment in the US where they value a quiet, long life tyre with good comfort.

• Like 1

Had them fitted today £250 fully fitted for the pair I had a price match with Tyre fitting company in Doncaster they are quiet and seem to ride ok . I live in North Lincs area and it's very bumpy and undulating but all seem ok. Very good in the wet and it has been very wet today.have a couple of thousand miles over the next 10 days so will get a good idea of performance.

• Like 1

My local tyre firm stock Nexen tyres - Korean, they are, the tyres, the not the people at the local tyre firm. They told me that Nexen are the only tyre they will stock and fit at are not one of the bribing brands. Apparently, they are very old and quite affordable £84 approximately fitted for my rx300.

We have A Jaguar XF 2012 and we had two nexen fitted onto the back axel. They were fitted by the jaguar dealer when last serviced. They are ok except a bit rumbley especially as they wear.

They were an option for the RX but wanted good wet performance hence I got the michelins.

I had company cars up to December and drove approx 30k miles per year. Michelins were always a better tyre .Pirelle were the worst tyre in over 30?years of company car driving and these were the make I had most punctures on.

Dunlop became very rumbley as they aged .

I will see how these Michelins go compared to the Dunlop std fit tyres

My local tyre firm stock Nexen tyres - Korean, they are, the tyres, the not the people at the local tyre firm. They told me that Nexen are the only tyre they will stock and fit at are not one of the bribing brands. Apparently, they are very old and quite affordable £84 approximately fitted for my rx300.

Could easily just mean that they make the most profit on them though? My local firm only stocks Michelins, continentals and hankooks!

We have A Jaguar XF 2012 and we had two nexen fitted onto the back axel. They were fitted by the jaguar dealer when last serviced. They are ok except a bit rumbley especially as they wear.

They were an option for the RX but wanted good wet performance hence I got the michelins.

I had company cars up to December and drove approx 30k miles per year. Michelins were always a better tyre .Pirelle were the worst tyre in over 30?years of company car driving and these were the make I had most punctures on.

Dunlop became very rumbley as they aged .

I will see how these Michelins go compared to the Dunlop std fit tyres

I wouldn't tar all tyres made by one manufacture with the same brush. It's a bit like saying Lexus vehicles are all noisy after just test driving a CT200h.

All manufacturers have made good and bad tyres in the past and their current ranges are all built to certain prices - a low end Michelins is no match for a higher end Pirelli for example. I'd had some shocking Michelin tyres in the past.

• Like 2

I agree with Colin, had brilliant Bridgestone SO2's in the past on my Supra (ok 10yrs ago!) but the RE31's on the RX are horrible.

I also had company cars fitted with Michelin energy saving tyres which have had zero wet grip, very scary, however, after the positive reviews on here, I would definitely fit the latitude tour's to the RX.

Never really been a Pirelli or Continental fan but I do have some P Zeros fitted to my MR2 and they have ferocious rear grip, so much so, I cannot remember when the rears last spun!

Mr JapaneseBob, did the dealer give you any choice or info before fitting the Nexens? It seems a shame they are noisy as that would bother me on the RX, or your XF...!

Chris

Chris, no, I haven't had one fitted yet - they were able to repair my puncture. I checked online that Nexen did my tyre size before I went to the tyre place, can't remember he website but it had all the decibel info.

XL? Completely unneeded on the Lexus RX - XL basically means stiffer sidewalls = worse ride comfort

Personally, Id go for the Michelin Latitude Tour HP in 235/55 r19 101v fitment, firstly because I have them and they're really good tyres, others also have them and highly recommend them and they are standard fitment in the US where they value a quiet, long life tyre with good comfort.

Stiffer sidewall also means better handling, which isn't a bad thing ... ;-)

Well I know over the next 10 days or so as I will be doing near on 2000 miles loaded. So will see how they perform it also seem like I will get plenty of rain to check the wet ability of the tyre.

I rechecked the tyre pressure yesterday with two hand held gauges and with local airline and for some reason the new tyres were on 38psi. The other axel was 34. So I have dropped it back to 35psi.

They did ask me what pressure and I asked for 35 so presume there gauge is out.

Will let you know how we perform in a couple of weeks

Chris, no, I haven't had one fitted yet - they were able to repair my puncture. I checked online that Nexen did my tyre size before I went to the tyre place, can't remember he website but it had all the decibel info.

I don't know if anyone agrees but to me Rx tyre prices seem overpriced compared to other sizes & the only reason I can think of that it might be due to a limited use of this size tyre ?

I recently had 2 Nexen SUI's fitted at Lexus Manchester when the car went in for a service, they pricematched the tyre cost at £185 for the 2 and so far I'm very happy with them,

they are a lot less noisy than the factory Bridgestone Potenza's & they also have pretty good ratings, for economy B & wet grip B and they are a lot cheaper than every other tyre manufacturer ... for info there are 2 versions of Nexen tyre for the Rx (RUI & SUI) ...

• Like 1

I don't think itd make that much difference in handling - its better to go for 245 tyres - itd give more grip and better ride!

I don't think itd make that much difference in handling - its better to go for 245 tyres - itd give more grip and better ride!

Any stiffness in suspension in a vertical direction gives better handling, how much depends how stiff it is, changng to 245 tyres will fill out the wheel wells ...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi - have just added 2 Michelin Latitude HP 235/55 tyres to my 400H but none of my local dealers an supply any more (I need a further two). Apparently they are on "back order" - which I guess means there's a shortage!

Anybody recommend a local tyre firm (Lincolnshire) who might have please?

Cheers

Paddy

• 3 weeks later...

So...even Lexus can't get me another cúpla Latitudes - apparently Michelin haven't got any either!

Is anybody able to suggest alternatives that would sit well with the two new ones I've already put on te front please?

Ta!

Dáithí

So...even Lexus can't get me another cúpla Latitudes - apparently Michelin haven't got any either!

Is anybody able to suggest alternatives that would sit well with the two new ones I've already put on te front please?

Ta!

Dáithí

You can get them from anywhere online and just get Lexus to fit them

• Like 1

Ta!

Dáithí

They may have been discontinued, I do seem to remember there was a massive safety recall which included latitudes a couple of years ago ....

I put two Lattitude sport 3 on the front of my car in August I paid £250 fully fitted at Formula1 in Doncacter. I searched around including online tyre dealers I got the lowest price from all of them and then contacted Formula one who guarantee to price match. They had to order from France and arrived in two days.

You can have the different ratings and load at the same price. Kick fit had an offer on at the time they would not match the price. They are very good in the wet and dry they are quiet and so far so good.

I will swap to winter tyres later in the year . If I had required all new tyres I would have swapped to all season tyres , again the Michelin seems to come out with very good ratings.

Do some searching online for best prices and then look to see who will price match locally

I have 4 x Michelin Lattitude Tour HP on mine... love them.

Good grip and quiet.

Me too!

Me too!!!! Great tyres - not a single issue with them. They're barely wearing too and the rim protector works!

Thanks for the comments Folks!

Nobody I've contacted seems to have any of these tyres - so I'm

now looking for alternatives that would sit well with the Latitudes I've just put on the front

Suggestions gratefully received! :-)

Cheers

Thanks for the comments Folks!

Nobody I've contacted seems to have any of these tyres - so I'm

now looking for alternatives that would sit well with the Latitudes I've just put on the front

Suggestions gratefully received! :-)

Cheers

ATS have them

https://shop.atseuromaster.co.uk/tyres/michelin/latitude-tour-hp/235-55-18-V-100-1-2VXCBK?utm_source=Involve&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Catalog+Feed&gclid=CPO0kZ7Lp8gCFSsCwwodFSMJxQ

Better be quick. They're all out of stock elsewhere

• Like 2

Can someone please explain because I can't understand why you you would want to pay more for these tyres when there are better rated tyres out there which are a lot cheaper .... these are C rated for wet grip and C rated for economy ? ... or are these ratings nonsense ?