Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Finally Picked Up My Is300h Fsport

Well today I have finally picked up my new toy although not without a slight hiccup over my private plate so still waiting for dvla on that 1.

I'm over the moon and there will be pics to follow I have however noticed something odd

The auto tilt mirrors don't function correctly.

The passanger sides tilts down but the drivers side tilts up ever so slightly and not down!

Coming from a premier ct with this function I assume it may need a trip to the dealer.

Also still not having much luck with the nav screen however I found a bottle of Lexus Sat nav and screen cleaner in my ct glove box (never knew I had it) and used that and guess what?

That makes the screen worse!!! So surely something's not right!

I'll be bringing this up with the dealer also

Other than that I'm well pleased and I'm suprised how much of a heavy foot I have even coming from the CT I could easily achieve 55-60mpg and was shocked to see 35mpg in the IS.

However ill put that down to excitement of the new toy and also the bigger engine and heavier car

I'm sure once I settle down with it those numbers will climb into the late 40's

You can set your mirrors to your desired position whilst in reverse, the vehicle will then remember the offset to use against your normal position whenever reverse is selected.

Cheers Colin

You don't happen to know how to do this off hand do you as I don't have the manual handy

Very good to know though appreciate it

Might have looked a tad daft telling dealer my wing mirrors are drunk

Quick update about the nav screen

Dealer was next to useless but seemed reluctant to replace so I have found a good enough solution .

I'm kicking myself as I don't have a before shot of it!

But I removed all of the initial coating using a baby wipe (that contains alcohol) which took about 5 minutes. I was going to use surgical spirit initially but tried baby wipes first just to be on the safe side.

The result was the coating removed and screen looks perfect.

To counteract the uv coating being removed thus having no protection for the screen against direct sunlight (which I'm sure wouldn't have made a difference anyway).

I then carefully measured the screen dimensions and put them into the pc

I have signwriting equipment so I put the dimensions into my cutters software and cut a piece of clear laminate vinyl to these dimensions and fitted it to the screen.

The end result looks like it's factory finished.

The clear laminate vinyl used in the sign trade has a uv protection layer within it so turned out very well.

In effect I've added a uv screen protector after removing the crappy factory uv coating.

The best part its can be fully cleaned thoroughly without the worry of the initial problem happening again and can also be removed at any point in the future

A job very well done! Sounds like it's better than when original.

To be truthful it was a mess when I got it so don't really have much to compare it with

When your looking at new cars unless it's obvious its not something I'd look at and remember.

But from seeing the difference now to what it was I am pleased as it was bugging me since I picked it up.

I'm sure if I pressed the dealer enough they would have changed it (they did the 5th injector on my 220 when my vin wasn't listed as a recall)

But I'm impatient and had the urge to try and sort it.

Nice! Is this the one from Lincolnshire?

Did you get a HPI check done mate? Bonnet looks odd?! :/

It was from Lincolnshire yeah

Hpi was clear

No sign of any prangs and front end looks consistent with 27k miles

Think the angle of the camera doesn't help

I will have a closer look at it in the daylight though