Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all,

Hoping someone can help with some guidance.

I started my !S250 this morning and the Check VSC message appeared and stayed on my dash along with the Engine light and stability light (I think that is what they are) - I have attached a picture of the dash showing that lights that are on.

Id doesn't seem to have had any impact on the car performance as I have just done a 50 mile stint with the lights still displaying (hopefully, I've not done any damage).

My car is a 55 plate IS250 SE Manual and its done about 76K.

I had this before when I got the car many years ago, and I think the dealer just reset it.

Is there anyway I can try and pinpoint the issue.

I'm obviously hoping that it's not serious, so all guidance is gratefully received...

post-28269-0-80723500-1439888653_thumb.j

Got an OBD-II and Torque Pro as suggested ( a very useful piece of kit, by the way ) and it came up with error code P0301 - Cylinder 1 misfire.

Hopefully it'll just be something simple like the spark plug, but at least I know what I should be told when I head to Lexus for proper detailed analysis :-)

Thanks for the tips, suggestions and steers people.

Very much appreciated

This has also happened to my car today after I removed and refitted the air box to change headlight bulbs.

I did turn the ignition to position 1 with the MAF sensor plug removed, so I am sure the car is just trying to tell me its not present. Any way of DIY reset? Maybe disconnect Battery?

Pulling the EFI fuse for 5 minutes is probably the safer option as this will reset the engine ECU but not affect things like radio codes, seat memory or windows which may all need reseting if the Battery terminal is removed.