Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300h With 47k Miles - Yay Or Nay?

An IS300h F-Sport has just popped up with 47k miles at £23k.

Being an early 2013, id expect the mileage to be mainly motorway which I assume can be mechanically good but cosmetically bad!

Would you guys say this is a reasonable asking price for this vehicle and any problems you guys can see being high mileage?

Having paid £26K for my 9 month old 14 plate F Sport with < 7000 miles I would say keep looking for a better deal

Fair enough. The prices seem to have just flattened out at circa £24k dependent on spec and mileage

using an online broker a brand new F-sport can be had for around 28K.

So 5K cheaper. But not much warranty left and 50k on the clock. Depends how you value those and how you calculate that into your overall cost of ownership really (Ie, cost after a set amount of time when you intend to sell). If you're financing as well maybe the newer might not be so much more expensive...

https://broadspeed.com/new_cars/Lexus/IS/4_Doors/Saloon/Petrol/2.5/

Have you ever used CarWow, basically a reverse blind auction where dealers bid to sell you your desired spec of car.

Both of these still allow trade in as well. I used both services to judge the amount of discount I should be aiming for at the dealer and played hardball until I got the discount that I thought was reasonable, which was a match of the broadspeed price at the time.

• Like 1

Depends on the spec. You can add £4k to the list price of an F Sport with options. You won't get a fully loaded one for £28k

I'd say that price is high. This one has all the options (2k leather ventilated seats, premium nav and ML) with less miles for the same money:

http://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/used-IS/IS-300h/2.5-F-Sport/Cardiff/3627529-605066456-1607064.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_

At 47k miles I'd expect a price of around £21k for a fully loaded example (without AVS as these are impossible to find on the early ones). If it had cloth seats then at least £1k lower.

• Like 1

I'd just like to pipe in here as I've recently just upgraded from the ct

I got a late 2013 63 plate with 27k on the clock

Fsport fully loaded with Leather heated and ventilated, full premium nav

Memory etc in white

The only option it doesn't have is the ML (I don't think it does anyway)

For £21,495

So I would also say keep looking.

I wouldn't imagine anything being mechanically wrong but the 3 year warranty only runs to 60k so if you do a lot of miles you could find the warrenty runs out very soon.

Which personally is not something I'd want on a car I'm paying a considerable amount of money for.

• Like 1

OK just for the sake of clarity:

July 2013 Celestial Black IS300h F-Sport - 47k miles - Rose red leather + Premium Nav

Its going to be my wife's car, she covers about 3-4k miles a year so the warranty will probably run out quicker than the car hits 60k miles.

Having had a chat with the dealer, they're prepared to take £22k + they'll do the service. I guess that's still pretty high considering a IS300h can be had for £1-2k more with significantly less mileage. Id probably say £20k with the service and delivery - CBA going to London to get it! (CAP book says between £19-21k so i'd say £20k is reasonable.

Makes sense to get a higher mileage vehicle if you only do 4k miles a year, after a few years it will be back down to average mileage. You just want to get a good deal for the high mileage in the first place.

£20k seems fair, it will be interesting to see if they will go that low.

• Like 1

No that isn't available on the F Sport. AVS is the adaptive suspension together with Sport + mode. Most, if not all, of the early vehicles didn't have this as an option - most people, including the sales staff, didn't even know about it as an option!

No that isn't available on the F Sport. AVS is the adaptive suspension together with Sport + mode. Most, if not all, of the early vehicles didn't have this as an option - most people, including the sales staff, didn't even know about it as an option!

I must say I'd never heard of it but at the same time it wouldn't be anything I would ever use so not much good to me

I'd not pay that for a 47k car, if you are happy with the mileage, that should be £19k all day long. But I'm a tough customer.

I'm getting mine from Carwow, but dealt directly with my local main dealer. I got 9.6% of retail price. Basically £1000 less than the price of a 6000 mile, one year not so highly speced Lexus approved model.

Under 2 weeks to wait now...

• Like 1

Hmm I guess I don't want buyers remorse after buying it. Besides, wife's preference is white with red so will probably see if Chester do a good price for me

We managed to get 15% off the list-price on our Premier from drivethedeal. But sadly they seem to have stopped offering any Lexus models, maybe other dealers complained??

6-12 months old model at the time were only about £3-4K cheaper than what we paid, my wife also wanted a very specific colour combination/leather, and I wanted the 'Safety pack' for the ACC function. So in the end we thought for the sake of £3-4k it was worth it to get the exact colour/spec we wanted.

We plan on keeping our IS300H for easily 5 years+, so that made justifying paying for all the extras and buying new easier :)

Some good advice here guys thanks!

Well Ive come to the conclusion that the Black/Red with 47k miles is a bit overpriced - they're arent willing to play ball past £22k which I think is a bit ridiculous - may as well extort customers!

When I asked why their car was so expensive - their reply was "Cars in London are generally more expensive" to which I replied "so surely the price of your new cars are higher too then?". He didn't know what to say!

Anyway - the search continues.......

UPDATE - Just put an offer in for the White/Red IS300h in Chester. Will see what comes of it.

i have just bought my IS300h luxury in August, 1st registered in september 2013 with 18000 on the clock and has 2 options fitted 1st one heated & ventilated front seats and the 2nd is the premium nav these two alone cost £4000 and i paid £21000

When I asked why their car was so expensive - their reply was "Cars in London are generally more expensive" to which I replied "so surely the price of your new cars are higher too then?". He didn't know what to say!

UPDATE - Just put an offer in for the White/Red IS300h in Chester. Will see what comes of it.

Now you've just given them some new ideas - Maybe they'll start advertising 'just for Londoners' prices soon :)

Good luck on the securing a deal.

Now you've just given them some new ideas - Maybe they'll start advertising 'just for Londoners' prices soon :)

They probably will and all LOL! Oh well, I live in Yorkshire so no problem for me :P

Ive put an offer of £21000 and my wifes car (trade value £2700-3000) on the IS300h in Chester. Their asking price is £24490 so I feel £23700 is a decent offer - only £790 less than asking price and I said id collect which will save them £250 odd (they advertised free uk delivery which we all know is not really free at all).

Will let you know what happens!

They probably will and all LOL! Oh well, I live in Yorkshire so no problem for me :P

Ive put an offer of £21000 and my wifes car (trade value £2700-3000) on the IS300h in Chester. Their asking price is £24490 so I feel £23700 is a decent offer - only £790 less than asking price and I said id collect which will save them £250 odd (they advertised free uk delivery which we all know is not really free at all).

If you buy from Chester Ray, they will give you a free car wash every Saturday morning.....for life !

Your wife can then spends loads of money in Cheshire Oaks, next door!

And we can talk cars!

Regards

John

If you buy from Chester Ray, they will give you a free car wash every Saturday morning.....for life !

Your wife can then spends loads of money in Cheshire Oaks, next door!

And we can talk cars!

Regards

John

I aint doing that mate - I live 60 miles away lol! Besides - Scratches!!!!

Really weird - they offered £3500 for my wifes car, and said balance to change was £21580! Problem is, their car is listed at £24490 wtf!?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links