Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Check Vsc And Traction Control And Emgine Management Light

Hi

I have had the engine management light check vsc and traction control light

leading up to this car was a little sluggish in lower gears.

had diagnostics ascertain the fault to be p2002

can anyone tell me what to do as i have had many differing instructions

i have tried forced regeneration but am told build up too much to force

have cleaned egr valve

ha anyone had this exact issue correctly rectified

have heard of dpf removal but not really sure i want to do that as may sell at some point to IS 250 to rid of diesel issue with dpf

i am in Wolverhampton anyone local who has had the same problem and can point me in right direction would be bonus.

i have read of following

dpf removal

cleaning by jet wash

cleaning by oven heat

and terraclean

so many options not sure which to go for which will definatel solve my problem.

many thanks

kully

I had same problem dpf blocked gave to car surgeon in Birmingham they are very good picked car from London and delivery back charged me 400 due to pick up @ delivery charge but as ur in same area will cost u less mine is fine now Google car surgeon rung em hope this helps

thanks normski

so many different solutions out there it confuses me which option to go for

i want a definite tried and tested solution failing that getting rid of my lovely is 220d se-L for is250 pity as i love the car with all its gadgets

Be very careful with DPF removal. Do plenty of research first.

If what I have read is correct you may find yourself with a MOT failure and a very expensive reinstatement cost.

yes so i read. definitely not doing removal but look for a reputable cleaning company but gain cost vary drastically from a local company who can clean dpf with heat for £110 assuming i remove the dpf for them which will cost £70 from local garage to remove and refit

other companies clean using chemicals and charge £400

but not sure which will give better results in long term

Had it done few months ago did not remove it they used chemicals to force regeneration which cleans egr too they done it while it was on the car they do alot of dpf did ask about removal but was advised not to do it even if reset ecu lights would return ring em and find out they r good

It was too far to drive to Birmingham in limp mode so got it picked up @ dropped off same day that y it incured extra charge for pick @ delivery otherwise he said would cost £300 imran knows what he's talking about give them a try

Diesel cars r not good for short journey as ours was mainly school runs was advised to get rid of it because it will get blocked again to b honest didn't know about dpf otherwise would have bought is250