Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tip: Removing Lexus Air Suspension Air Lines And Possible Temp Fix For

• 5 months later...

I have a 2004 LS actually a "Toyota Celsior". I have aftermarket Aragosta air shocks but had them removed due to a leak and ride height control issues. I replaced them with shocks and springs. I have since tested the shocks out of the vehicle and they don't leak. Therefore I am guessing the compressor or the airlines are at fault. Despite searching I cannot find any reference to air lines or parts thereof. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

13 hours ago, JFARBS said:

I have a 2004 LS actually a "Toyota Celsior". I have aftermarket Aragosta air shocks but had them removed due to a leak and ride height control issues. I replaced them with shocks and springs. I have since tested the shocks out of the vehicle and they don't leak. Therefore I am guessing the compressor or the airlines are at fault. Despite searching I cannot find any reference to air lines or parts thereof. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

I'm not quite sure what your question is, are you looking at replacing your air system again?

• Like 1

On 10/31/2020 at 3:04 AM, The-Acre said:

I'm not quite sure what your question is, are you looking at replacing your air system again?

As mentioned the air shocks are now out of the car and have been tested and they don't leak. Therefore I suspect the airlines / fittings between the compressor and the four strut towers are the cause of my issues. I am unable to find any reference anywhere to this part of the air suspension system.

8 hours ago, JFARBS said:

As mentioned the air shocks are now out of the car and have been tested and they don't leak. Therefore I suspect the airlines / fittings between the compressor and the four strut towers are the cause of my issues. I am unable to find any reference anywhere to this part of the air suspension system.

Like Phil, I'm not quite sure what your question is or what information you're looking for?

Does the compressor work?

If it does, given the fact that you've stripped out the air shocks then I assume you've now got open-ended air pipes?

If so, plug the ends of the pipes and run the compressor to pressurise the system. Mix up some fairy liquid and water in a jam jar and brush said solution along the whole length of the pipes and over any/all joints. If there are any leaks you'll see bubbles form at that location.

Other than that, I'm at a loss.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JFARBS said:

I'm not sure how you would test an air shock when it's off the car unless you had access to some very sophisticated equipment.  I've never heard of the air pipes being an issue, they're plastic but very tough and also surprisingly small, about 5mm.  I would still say the struts themselves are suspect.

• Like 1

Without looking I'd say it's a strut.

( How did you test yours? )

They rust at the top, the holes can be super-tiny...

I've had all 4 replaced on my RX over time.

It seems to be a common theme.

The fairy liquid suggestion is a good one...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links