Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nemesis Is200

Dunno if you guys have seen this yet or not, so i'll post it anyway.

http://www.nemesisperformance.net/

If you go to that website and click on the section "projects" you'll see a pic of the is200, go to that project and have a read.

If basic car knowledge serves me correct, i thought it was quite difficult to transplant different manufactures enigne's into different cars. However it would appear that these guys have done it.

Engine Spec:

We didn't just go for a standard SR20 though, instead we chose 2.2 litre unit constructed by Tomei of Japan, built to Stage 4 Genesis customer specifications, with a few extra details of course. Including all Tomei and Nismo internal components, designed to support up to 700bhp. Fuelling is provided by a HKS fuel rail, with SARD 1000cc injectors and an Endless inlet and plenum. The original Nissan turbo has been replace with a HKS T51R BB turbo, capable of supporting up to 800bhp, with a HKS racing waste gate and a custom one-off intercooler. The standard exhaust was discarded in favour of a one-of Nemesis custom twin exit system with stainless backboxes, mated to a HKS tubular stainless exhaust manifold. Other components include an APEXI power FC Re-programmable ecu for engine management, a one-off custom radiator, and HKS oil Cooler. Finally, a Nitrous Express sport kit has been installed with a 12lb composite bottle. Power estimates at the moment are 700bhp with 2.2 bar of boost, quite an increase from a conservative 150bhp! :nuke:

The body kit is very very nice!!!!! and seems quite cheap for what you get aswell :)

The Nemesis IS200 DTM- 01 body kit comes as a complete kit only and includes:

• Front Bumper Spoiler

• Eye Line (available seperately)

• Side Skirts

• Rear Bumper Spoiler

• Wheelarch/Fender Kit - Front, Side and Rear

• Vented Bonnet (available seperately)

£1500

U think the Eyeline and the vented bonnet are included in the price or does available seperatly mean Sold seperatly?

The IS rides on a set of Blitz Z1 alloys, which complement the DTM kit perfectly. Measuring 10.5x18 at the rear and 8.5x18 at the front, they are shod in high quality rubber to provide ample traction. Behind these are huge 343mm AP cross drilled and vented brake discs, with AP 6 pot callipers providing the stopping power.

MASSIVE!

if reading there prices correctly then you gotta add vat to that £1500! and add fitting, at least another £500-1000, plus a re spray at £1500-£3000. the wheels another £2000+ vat and rubber. all for a worthless add on that will lose the car value in the long run?????????

if you want to add value why not go the route of veilside or bomex. and something that can have the car returned to standard without too much heart ache and cost should you need to sell it. as a car like that would have limited buyers.

just my 2 cents but a lexus is for life and not just for christmas (or is that modding) lol.

Anyone know why the SR20 Nissan was selected :unsure:

The Toyota 3S block is considerably stronger than the SR20, is easier to extract power from, and was already in the car.

I know the alloy block is lighter but that seems a small advantage for so much agravation. I must be missing something - I hope someone can enlighten me.

The car was at JAE 2003. Certainly looked the part, although it was rumoured it didn't have an engine in it at the time :unsure:

thats correct i had a look underneath and there was no gearbox/engine, exhaust ( apart from the back box) etc just a rolling chassis.

The car was at JAE 2003. Certainly looked the part, although it was rumoured it didn't have an engine in it at the time  :unsure:

thats correct i had a look underneath and there was no gearbox/engine, exhaust ( apart from the back box) etc just a rolling chassis.

:offtopic: I know, but i never saw you at JAE Rob???? :unsure:

The car was at JAE 2003. Certainly looked the part, although it was rumoured it didn't have an engine in it at the time  :unsure:

mmmm did you have a few shandy's?? we spoke quite a few times :lol:

mmmm did you have a few shandy's?? we spoke quite a few times :lol:

:blush::lol:

I'll get my coat!

i was talking to John from Nemisis just before christmas, and he said they had some issues still with mounting the engine.

Yes - issues. Like the bonnet won't close with the engine in place - seriously !! :D

Given that they can't change a manifold without breaking things,

leaving bits hanging off... or wiring to melt on exhaust...

I don't fancy their chances of EVER getting it running :angry:

And Jon if you read this, i'll talk to you sometime about your workshops latest ***** ups !!

I despair - i really do :crybaby:

• 15 years later...