Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wheels Required

Hi I have a set of 19" winter tyres. I will put these on at the end of October.

But I would prefer to have some spare wheels instead of swapping the tyres each time. I have checked eBay and gumtree to no avail.

I have seen lots of other 19" wheels especially BMW and Audi. I know the centres and offset are different.

Is there other manufactures like Toyota, Honda, Mazda etc that would fit the wheel hub.

Any ideas on where to get reasonably priced wheels .

I have seen some new alloys for approx £450 which come with spriggots etc to allow them to fit bearing in mind they are only winter tyres which will be on for approx 4/5 months.

Any ideas would be greatful.

Hi,

I've found the following site to be helpful, unfortunately, it doesn't list some UK cars or may use their names from other territories.

I believe the RX300 (2009+) should actually say RX450h!

http://www.wheelfitment.eu/car/Lexus.html

You can choose a car, it'll list all wheel combinations to keep the speedo correct, then suggest other vehicles with wheels that will bolt on without modification. HOWEVER! Be aware that if a Ford Ka's wheels would fit perfectly on a Lex RX, you'd want to make sure the alloy was strong enough for the extra weight of a Lex! Many VW Transporter owners that love to fit crazy sized wheels to their work vans, have ended up cracking the Car alloys they fit once loaded up with tools etc!

Hope this helps!

Hi Chris thanks for all your information. I have checked out the website you suggested which is good thank you for that.

I have also had a look at the wheels on eBay yes they ŵould fit the problem my winter tyres are 19" as per the existing wheels on the car. These wheels are 18". So not really any good but thank you for thinking of me.

I have checked eBay and Gumtree to no avail so have made contact with two different wheel suppliers to see what they could do on price.

I have approx 6 weeks before I need to do anything so will keep checking eBay and gumtree.

Thanks again

Hi Vincent,

I'm always on the lookout for cheap bits for my cars, and was probably going to get older 17" RX mk 1 rims for winter with a higher profile tyre, I can then keep my (hopefully finally home-refurbed) standard 18" rims for summer!

As long as tyre sizes and ratings are within manufacturer specs, you won't have any insurance issues to worry about...

Ta,

Chris.

• Like 1

Hi I have a set of 19" winter tyres. I will put these on at the end of October.

But I would prefer to have some spare wheels instead of swapping the tyres each time. I have checked eBay and gumtree to no avail.

I have seen lots of other 19" wheels especially BMW and Audi. I know the centres and offset are different.

Is there other manufactures like Toyota, Honda, Mazda etc that would fit the wheel hub.

Any ideas on where to get reasonably priced wheels .

I have seen some new alloys for approx £450 which come with spriggots etc to allow them to fit bearing in mind they are only winter tyres which will be on for approx 4/5 months.

Any ideas would be greatful.

I'm pretty sure there are no 19" wheels from other makes apart from Kia and I think you will only find 19" on certain models of the 2014> Sportage & Sorrento, I've looked hard for 18/19" for the Rx & nothing has the same pcd/offset,

I'm afraid aftermarket or original wheels may be the only option at 19" .... in fact I would dare to say apart from Kia & Lexus Rx nothing fits regardless of size ... apart from aftermarket ones. ... like Chris said remember to check all the specs (load etc) ... ;-)