Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is F Exhaust Comparison

Gutted I missed this meet-up today guys! My wife is unwell!! Will certainly be up for the next meet...hopefully soon! Looked liked it was perfect weather!

F! knew i forgot about something this weekend, completely forgot :-(

Would have loved to have remembered and attended, hopefully next time. The video is awesome for sound comparison

Thanks for taking the time to create this clip gents.

I will be considering a H&S cat back like Stu's at some point.

What increases have you found with insurance and did any companies refuse to provide a quote?

Thanks for taking the time to create this clip gents.

I will be considering a H&S cat back like Stu's at some point.

What increases have you found with insurance and did any companies refuse to provide a quote?

Very little difference indeed as you state it is for sound not performance which is true :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Bit of a thread revival but thought I'd update the thread having just replaced the front pads & discs and rear pads.  Lexus originally quoted the £1294 and then £999 after discount.

Thought I could do better so bought the brembo front discs from here

http://www.bestpartstore.co.uk/1657687 - £156 inc shipping.  Took about a week to arrive from Germany.

Already have Hawk Ceramic Pads on the front, they stop better IMO & have lower dust compared to the OEM Brembo's, and now they do the same compound for the rears so ordered new fronts and rears from Cambridge Motorsport. - £321.69 inc delivery.

http://www.cambridgemotorsport.com/node/5928

The part no for the rears is HB722Z.652 as it doesn't appear on their website but spoke to Jon at Cambridge Motorsport and he was very helpful in sourcing them!

Local garage have fitted for £100.

All in £577 saving £422 compared to the dealer. Nice!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Dave McDave said:

Bit of a thread revival but thought I'd update the thread having just replaced the front pads & discs and rear pads.  Lexus originally quoted the £1294 and then £999 after discount.

Thought I could do better so bought the Brembo front discs from here

http://www.bestpartstore.co.uk/1657687 - £156 inc shipping.  Took about a week to arrive from Germany.

Already have Hawk Ceramic Pads on the front, they stop better IMO & have lower dust compared to the OEM Brembo's, and now they do the same compound for the rears so ordered new fronts and rears from Cambridge Motorsport. - £321.69 inc delivery.

http://www.cambridgemotorsport.com/node/5928

The part no for the rears is HB722Z.652 as it doesn't appear on their website but spoke to Jon at Cambridge Motorsport and he was very helpful in sourcing them!

Local garage have fitted for £100.

All in £577 saving £422 compared to the dealer. Nice!

Lovely work! Well done. 

Great stuff! :cool:

As we said a while ago, you really can save a fair chunk of cash by shopping around for parts, and getting a good local garage or mechanic to fit them for you.

Glad to hear you are getting on well with the Hawk ceramic pads, not everyone will know this but I was the guy who got in touch with Hawk directly and asked them to develop matching rears! :wink3:

They really are a great option if you want OEM (or better) performance with less brake dust.

Anyway, well done mate. Keep it up. 

Cheers.

Pete

Firstly ... I apologize .... I have always liked the Porsches and will eventually get once (once wifes retired !!) just to say I have had one.

The ISF in the initial video clip at the start of the post sounds awesome compared to the Porsche - the video clip at around the 2:30 mark of the exhaust note from the Porsche sounds like a duck !!

Does the ISF have twin boxes (2 x 2 outlets) or does it have twin tips on a single outlet?

Porsche for some years on most models of 911- Cayman -Boxster made available as an extra PSE, which is a switchable sports system- sounded great, not sure if the one here has it fitted didn't sound like it.

Big Rat

32 minutes ago, is200 Newbie said:

Firstly ... I apologize .... I have always liked the Porsches and will eventually get once (once wifes retired !!) just to say I have had one.

The ISF in the initial video clip at the start of the post sounds awesome compared to the Porsche - the video clip at around the 2:30 mark of the exhaust note from the Porsche sounds like a duck !!

Does the ISF have twin boxes (2 x 2 outlets) or does it have twin tips on a single outlet?

My isf (gk58nfn) had smaller back boxes than stock and a true dual pipe system set up so no x pipe. Petes one (big diffuser) had the same set up as mine but no cat. Both are 2 pipes on to one back box.

1 hour ago, Stuno1 said:

My isf (gk58nfn) had smaller back boxes than stock and a true dual pipe system set up so no x pipe. Petes one (big diffuser) had the same set up as mine but no cat. Both are 2 pipes on to one back box.

Cheers - I am only asking as I have put dual boxes on my standard 250 and sounds sportier while not intruding on the cabin. Was not a mod choice but I found a make of box that was a relatively exact fit so made the change from stainless back to mild steel. The one I have made is two pipe from the cats / into one resonator box / then 1 foot of single pipe / split into the two boxes / exiting in two pipes per box ..... pretty much stock but I have altered the pipe lengths used and its been a good match for the car.

Its not as throaty as the ISF but the tone is definitely changed (for the better) when I get a chance I will post a vid with the sound..

• 1 year later...

Hi guys, 

in ref to GK58NFN the grey ISF.

having sold mine a 6 months ago I’m missing like hell!

ive seen the above car for sale at £16,995 which sounds steep is the car any good?

thanks

ps just added the pic of my old beast 🙂

066D940B-96BE-43C4-B50A-32572215A46E.jpeg

It was good, actually pristine and great, under my care but seems to have fallen from grace and is at best very well used now. I wouldn’t buy it in its current state. Sad to see a great example so badly cared for. 

19 minutes ago, Pecker said:

Apart from some cosmetics which are easily sorted, what else is wrong Stu?

Thanks.

Someone on the forum messaged me about it and said the wheels are in need of a refurb but more worryingly the front bumper has some gaps so looks like it may have been involved in a shunt. This may be a small thing but you never know. The interior looks pretty abused to be honest. You cant really bring abused seats back to life unless you you re-trim. Also,if someone is willing to let a mint car get into this state what else will you find? It has not been cared for so I would not buy it back.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stuno1 said:

Someone on the forum messaged me about it and said the wheels are in need of a refurb but more worryingly the front bumper has some gaps so looks like it may have been involved in a shunt. This may be a small thing but you never know. The interior looks pretty abused to be honest. You cant really bring abused seats back to life unless you you re-trim. Also,if someone is willing to let a mint car get into this state what else will you find? It has not been cared for so I would not buy it back.

Yes, absolutely. Fair comments.

Thanks

• Like 1

I think this could be an evolving problem for the Isf, as the prices drop and they fall into a price bracket where the potential buyers look only at the purchase price and don't take into account the running costs leading to missed services and cheap repairs, this would be a real shame, however my thoughts have always been that the ones that stay in the hands of the enthusiast will appreciate in value.

• Like 2

The parts for these car are not cheap they never have been after all as we all know it was a 60k when new so the running costs are the same now as they were then.......more or less.

I do agree with @Mark G synopsis of the future for these cars buy it.... look after it..... keep it..... this one came on sale today many of us know it and it is a nice car still on its previous LOC members private plate as well.......

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201803094412654?advertising-location=at_cars&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&radius=1500&make=LEXUS&postcode=ba11rj&model=IS F&sort=sponsored&page=2

Ive some pictures of the car from a meet a while back here's one.......IMG_2522.thumb.JPG.8e5f0c74a7cb72ff92a7d16831d509d2.JPG

Big Rat 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links