Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

06 Is220d - Occasional White Smoke But Not Using Any Oil Or Water And

o..

I cleaned the 5th injector.The white smoke disappeared and consumption has dropped greatly. But, Today it was 7 degrees Celsius and, after the engine has been warmed up, I noticed a little smoke white\ transparent. I don't know if it was condens or white smoke on PDF.

Bad news,....I drove the car about 20 minutes by city, and the white smoke come back :(( When the smoke come out of the exhaust, the engine makes a sound like a roll that rub. It is normal? After the smoke disappeared, the noise disappeared too. ..

Maybe it was dpf cleaning or something???

Not sure what it could be. How much did you pay for changing 5th injector and ecu update?

I'm worried that Lexus will quote me high bill and was wondering if replacing fifth injector can be done somewhere else?:/

I haven't done anything yet. I am planning to book visit in lexus this week.

How is your fuel consumption?

Adi_lex have you done your 5th injector?

Fuel Consumption not great, average is 33mpg. I used to get 40+

Just got car back. Seems to be a little bit more responsive. Revs seems to be more stable too when cold. It did smoke once tiny bit... I will take it for longer drive tomorrow to see how it is.

Came back from Liverpool. Journey from Reading and back with occasional heavy traffic was 40mpg, which was improved. White smoke still there especially on heavy acceleration on 1st and second gear,however now instead of constant smoke car is only puffing.....

Decided to check EGR as previously only used spray from Halfords. As expected valve clogged up, just cleaned it we will see......

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so here are results:

Fuel consumptio: no change

White smoke: only after driving for couple of miles and only for few minutes and then disappear. However when it smokes it looks like car is on fire

Performance: better

No idea what to do next

I could be wrong but I think there was an Ecu update from Lexus on the pre 2008 models which was supposed to help with this issue, it's something to do with the fifth injector dumping a lot of fuel during warm up or something along those lines. I'm sure someone will confirm my advice.

I think you may need o check with a Lexus dealer on this issue.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

I canceled PDF on my Lexus is220d on DIMSPORT.RO.

The amendment was made directly to the ECU, without the need of any emulator.

The car has received stage2 - 215hp and 480nm. Driving is fantastic and white smoke disappeared completely. :luck: :driving:

P.S. The fuel average was 5,8% over a 600km.

post-51502-0-31975900-1447881825_thumb.j

post-51502-0-24306500-1447881836_thumb.j

post-51502-0-01641300-1447881845_thumb.j

post-51502-0-81840900-1447881850_thumb.j

• 1 month later...

My is220d regularly puffs out white smoke. Apart from that it runs absolutely fine.

I recently had my car serviced at lexus and he told me it's just what they do.

He adviced me to try using bp ultimate or shell vpower fuel and I must admit it's made a big difference.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links