Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Discount For Used For Rx450 At Lexus Dealer?

Hi

It looks like the majority of the used 450s are at main dealers. What sort of discount is reasonable to expect on a car with an advertised price of c20k?

TIA.

I don't think there is a specific rule for this.

All depends on the car (age, mileage, colour combination, condition, service history), the time of month/year (yes, really!), and whether you are bringing in a part exchange or cash!

Ok well it would be now (Sept) because our car is likely to be written off in the next couple of days.

In terms of specs -

- 2009/2010 is fine

- dark colour outside

- any colour interior

- not bothered about Lexus dealer stamps for service history

- mileage c60k or lower

We would be bringing in used 20s in a carrier bag ;)

Hi I purchased an RX lux in August. I went around several main dealers and my purchase was a cash purchase. I got a 2013 on a 63 plate with 30k mileage for sale at just under £33k I paid £28500.

I was easily able to manage at least 10% discount at other dealerships. When you can't get the price any lower add in a second year of warranty mats, flaps fuel etc. be very ruthless as they will have a lot of RX available when the new model comes out use that as your argument . Don't be afraid to walk away make sure they have your details so they can contact you but also let them know you are going to another dealer and have a view of a car don't make one up they check the competition.

I hope this helps

• Like 1

Thanks for this - I love a good haggle.

10% would be pretty easy at this point in time. Few reasons for this - end of September is end of the quarter, so dealers want to sell cars. Also the new RX is landing so Lexus want to get rid of the older stock from their forecourts