Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Silencing Door Open Chime

Washed and polished the IS, and Mrs Baxlin's Skoda this morning, no problem with the Skoda having the radio on with the door open.

But with the Lexus I couldn't silence the door open chime, unless the ignition was on, which I didn't want to do. Is there a way to do this? I eventually just had the window open.

Thanks in advance

Malcolm

• 2 weeks later...

I was cleaning mine today and installing a dash cam. Bloody door chime was doing my head in! Must be an easy software fix. I thought it would stop eventually but my patience ran out first!

If you are going to leave the door opened for such a long time with the sound system on, should you not have the car in READY mode anyway, to prevent Battery drain? - I know that this issue is probably more specific to the RX400h, but still.... You could leave it in READY mode, and turn the screen display and the aircon/fan off to prevent the engine from starting up, but at least you would protect the Battery.

• Like 1

If you are going to leave the door opened for such a long time with the sound system on, should you not have the car in READY mode anyway, to prevent battery drain? - I know that this issue is probably more specific to the RX400h, but still.... You could leave it in READY mode, and turn the screen display and the aircon/fan off to prevent the engine from starting up, but at least you would protect the battery.

You are possibly correct, Dan, I don't know enough about the car yet.

But would it solve the door chime question?

Why clean your own Lexus

Because only I who spent my hard earned money on it will give it the attention it deserves. Polished, Topaz then a layer of Bouncers Check the Fleck. I avoid dealer washes as they strip off the wax with truck wash applied with a huge pressure washer and dry with a gritty rag which created swirl marks. Lexus paint is quite soft so easily damaged.

Ed :ooh-ducky:

Only joking, the soft paint is a killer. I've 50k on mine and stone chips have badly damaged the front bumper with the soft paint. Car still looks and drives like new but front bumper up close is heart breaking. It's black so at its hidden unless up close. Will def put good paint protection on my next one.

I watched the guy at our dealer "washing" customers cars. It was not a pretty sight. No care just blast & wipe. Never again. The interior "valet" is a wipe with a dirty rag & the quickest of vacuums.

I enjoy owning a nice car so give it loads of tlc which pays off when time to change it.

Maybe consider a full bumper respray? Solid black should not be to expensive. I had smart insurance and it has kept the bumper looking ok so far.

Ed :flowers:

Mine must be different then. Car was loaded with TFR to remove all the crap and washed with a mitt (I was shocked!!) and then dried with a blower (again shocked!!). He also used an extractor on my carpets after vaccuum! I was a happy chappy :)