EasyTiger

Brand New Nx....one Reverse Light...are You Frickin' Kidding Me?&#

Just picked up a replacement for my RX400h. A brand new NX300h.

I noticed when I got home that only one reverse light was working. Called dealer. They said it was... a feature.

ARE YOU FRICKIN' kidding me Lexus!!!! :oops: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

I hate this to be my first post but why is Lexus going backwards??? My RX400h had two reverse lights and (I think) two fog lights. This seems to have only one of each. When I see a car with only one reverse light I always think its broken. I always thought it was a legal requirement too...like having two brake lights.

Cars have had two reverse lights since the 1960's.. Why oh why the retrograde step? I just don't get it?

Feeling let down and angry...sob...

Ill be honest, I can't see you're point?

Reversing lights are to show people behind you that you are reversing. One light does the same job as two, therefore 2 is absolutely unneeded. Having just one reversing light isn't a legal requirement, its a legal requirement to have 1 rear fog and 1 reversing light

Besides, Lexus aren't going "backwards". You bought an NX, not an RX, its supposed to be a lower end vehicle.

On my "other" car I have one fog and one reversing light. Even in pitch black conditions there is enough light to see with the reversing camera.

Reversing lights are to show people behind you that you are reversing. One light does the same job as two, therefore 2 is absolutely unneeded. Having just one reversing light isn't a legal requirement, its a legal requirement to have 1 rear fog and 1 reversing light

Besides, Lexus aren't going "backwards". You bought an NX, not an RX, its supposed to be a lower end vehicle.

There's no requirement to have a reversing light fitted - they fall into the 'optional lamp' list. Neither is it an offence, if you have one or more fitted, for them to be inoperative.

I always thought they were to light any unlit space to the rear, to the benefit of the driver going backwards! Generally, the fact that you're moving backwards lets people behind you know you're reversing! :D

Pete

There's no requirement to have a reversing light fitted - they fall into the 'optional lamp' list. Neither is it an offence, if you have one or more fitted, for them to be inoperative.

I always thought they were to light any unlit space to the rear, to the benefit of the driver going backwards! Generally, the fact that you're moving backwards lets people behind you know you're reversing! :D

Pete

That's true. I should have clarified that it is a legal requirement in some European countries

I agree, on my IS, I was all ready to run a wire from the one reversing light to what I thought was the matching, but blank, reversing light lens on the other side. That is until it was pointed out this was the (red) LED rear foglight......................

My grouse is that Lexus use white-when-off, but red-when-on LEDs in the rear fog, yet amber bulbs in the indicators back and front, when chrome filament bulbs lighting up as amber are available, as I'm sure are LEDs. I just don't like the "fried egg" look of amber bulbs in white/clear lenses, but changing the indicator bulbs looks like a full day's job.

Sorry for the mini hi-jack

I get the adequate lighting and non-legal requirement points etc etc.

It just looks unsightly. I don't exavely have OCD about it but I think most people would assume I have a broken or faulty light. I did!

I can't imagine it saves much weight either.

Pointless and daft if you ask me.