Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx300 Black Window Trim

Hi,

I have just noticed that the black trim that runs across the base of where the door meets the window has started to lift, has anyone experienced this, also any ideas of how ican fix this without buying a new trim.

Sorry it is on my front passenger side door.,

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this will help. Recently the rear quarterlight black plastic frame started to come adrift. I removed it and cleaned off the old sticky stuff. It turns out Lexus use a double sided tape to hold this on. Couldn't get any from Lexus or Toyota but a company local manufacturers it but only did it in £100 minimum. Luckily one of the staff took pity on me and gave me about 2 mts, plenty for the job. It is a foam based tape about 1/8th inch wide but easy to cut. Hope this helps.

Regards

If it helps, you can buy this by the metre on amazon or eBay.

We just got some for our Celica as one of the roof rail rubbers had started to lift, so we removed it and used the double-sided tape to stick it back down after cleaning the old one off.

I'm currently on the hunt for the off-side rear quarter plastic trim as mentioned as this is missing on my car at present and Lexus won't sell it without the whole glass unit! They seem fairly tricky to come by and quite a common issue!

• Like 1

Hi Carl,

I'm not sure as mine was missing when I bought the car, here's a photo (sorry if a bit blurry).

Looks like there are 3 screw holes in each corner and a long slot looking thing on the longest edge.

I think it is literally stuck on rather than clipped.

Hope this helps, mate.

post-52743-0-76091300-1443593721_thumb.j

Hi Carl,

I'm not sure as mine was missing when I bought the car, here's a photo (sorry if a bit blurry).

Looks like there are 3 screw holes in each corner and a long slot looking thing on the longest edge.

I think it is literally stuck on rather than clipped.

Hope this helps, mate.

Cripes, mine is missing too, drivers side rear quarter window....

Been trying to find one on a breakers for ages. Most be a common fault there !

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links