Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Really nice job on the wheels.  I was going to use the same company to do my GS, but ended up going with Glevum Alloy Wheel Repairs in Gloucester, who do the same job (back to parent metal, condition the wheels by taking care of any damage, then prime, powder coat, bake and polish) and were a bit cheaper.  I think I paid £340 including VAT all-in.  They come out and take the wheels away, leaving the car chocked up, so that it looks like a floating space ship from a distance!:biggrin:

• Like 1

Hi the finish on these wheels is really first class ,I have had wheels on other cars refurbished cheaply and I agree you get what you pay for ,mine where never a match for yours . I have those wheels on my IS 250 and I fancy a change of colour as they are over 5 years old and looking a bit jaded .The only question I have is regarding the TPMS /valve units , were they successfully removed and replaced without problems ? as I have heard of expensive breakages in this area  

Dave

12 hours ago, hybridbatterysolutions said:

Mine must be well seized in then because I have given them more than a light tap believe me

Think I will try again now they have soaked in wd40 or a light heating, thanks so much for doing the photo least I know I am not missing anything 

Rich

Bum! No matter how gentle, patient, oil heat etc etc they still broke several of them!!

just gotta work out if repair refurb & new plastic chrome spokes are worth it as opposed to some nice 15 spoke brand new alloys like sites fanatic s.

Can anybody else suggest some classy replacements under £700 for 4???

IMG_0118.JPG

IMG_0124.JPG

On 1/23/2017 at 7:21 PM, Britprius said:

Excellent job Carl.

The wheels on my car had been refurbished when I bought it, but it is so easy to damage the totally unprotected rims. After one years driving I have a couple of small chips in both nearside wheels. My previous car a Prius had the same problem that was cured by going up one size of tyre from 195/55/16 to 205/55/16. The Prius was unusual in that the wheels although alloys still had plastic (expensive) wheel trims.

Has anyone tried using 255/40/18's, 265/40/18's to widen the tyres or 245/45/18's to raise the rim slightly tyres to help protect the rims. I know some tyres come with so called rim protectors, but they are designed to protect the rims when driving up a kerb at right angles. Using tyres that are wider than the rims you feel the tyre touch the kerb if you are maneuvering slowly, and damage can then be avoided.

John. 

As it looks best for me to get new wheels now several of the mounts for the chrome trims are broken I am looking at going down to 7.5j from 8 for the same reason - looking at autec fanatics- do you know any others that look lovely at all??

Rich

• 1 year later...

Help!  I've just had my 4 wheels repainted (GS450h 2011) and they look great, but many of the 'plastic' chrome trims have weakened. That is, the connectors holding them to the wheel rims have snapped due to corrosion etc.  Lexus are quoting me £70 per individual trim, plus £10 per fixing screw, plus VAT.  Part number 4260B-30030.   

Can these be sourced anywhere cheaper?  The thread above had them at half that cost, but they may be a very slightly different pattern.