Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Control Arm Replacement

jackcramerr

I am going to ask a general question. Not specific to Lexus in fact I want to replace control arms on my mazda3.

I am going to raise the car from cross member center and place jack stands under pinch weld.

Now I just learned that one needs to load the suspension before tightening the control arm. So that it rotates in its natural place. If I tighten them with the front of the car in air, it will not be in the normal position and when I bring it to tarmac, the rubber bush will stay twisted. First bump or pot hole will break the bush again.

Now if I lower the car to ground, my worry is that there will be not enough clearance for me to go under the car and tighten the bolts. How does one do this job ?

tools I have floor jack, bottle jack,jack stands, breaker bar 26inch (inthink), standard tools and hammers.

Thanks for input.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links