derryuk

Ls460 Av Input Selection From Drivers Position

Is there anyway of selecting the AV input from ther drivers seat without the remote control?

I am having an Alpine ezi-dab and shark fin installed shortly and was looking for a way into the audio system.

Thanks,

Derry.

Am I the only person here who hasn't a clue what you're talking about? :(

I think one is a DAB radio system and the other is a type of aeriel, as to the answer of the question sorry I don't know.

<Am I the only person here who hasn't a clue what you're talking about?>

In the arm rest compartment are audio video input phono connectors see p399 of the owners manual. Normally they are enabled by selecting video on the remote. Only the rear seat passengers can see the video but the whole car can hear the audio.

However the ezi-dab has, amongst others, phono output for audio. I was wondering if there was an easy way for the driver to select video input from his seat but not using the remote, if there was then I could ask the installer to use the AV connectors for ezi-dab audio.

My current option is to use the ezi-dab FM feed-thru, you feed the Lexus aerial into the ezi-dab then link the ezi-dab aerial out back to the Lexus radio. So with the ezi-dab switched off you listen to your Lexus radio as normal (the FM signal is fed-thru), but with the ez-dab switched on it converts it's DAB audio to FM and feeds that to the Lexus radio instead.

Derry.

So can you just get a RCA to 3.5mm jack to play music?  Could keep the remote control in the front armrest

I don't have a 3.5mm aux port

Thanks

Jon