Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

HI,

Can anyone with an owners manual please let me know what it says about the "TRC" warning light that apears in the dash?

I have a 91 LS400 (Import) and after driving a few miles I get the orange TRC light appearing and it more or less stays on until the next time I switch off the ignition.. It is not the "TRC OFF" warning that you get when you switch off the TRC it is a warning light of some kind. Not having an owners manual means that I have no idea how to get rid of it. For all I know it might be short on fluid or something simple?

Any help would be apreciated.

Thanks

Steve B

Are you talking about the trc light that is in the middle of the speedo? When its slippy and traction is being lost this flashes. However, I did have trouble where is would come on just as I set off and would not go out. It may seem like a silly suggestion but, with the ignition switched off, pump the brake pedal up and down for 10 times. I was told this by my local Jap import dealer (mines a 1990 celsior) and the light went out and hasnt been on again since. Maybe coincidence, but it worked!

Hi,

Your suggestion (or should I say the Dealer's suggestion) does sound a bit "off the wall" but with the Lexus, nothing surprises me anymore (apart from the fact that they are such a hidden "gem").

I will let you know how I get on.

Cheers

Steve B

Why would it be dodgy to by any car without an owners manual, after all it is just an instruyction manual and is not an official document etc. I have all of the import documentation proving that it is OK and 100% legal?

And as for the owners manual just saying "there is a problem with the TRC" Hiw am I supposed to know that if I haven't got the manual.

I was asking for help not sarcasm.

Up to now I have found this to be a very helpful site, you have just managed to prove that there is always someone who would rather be smart than helpful.

Thanks for nothing,

I am just glad that there are other more helpful members around.

Steve B

All the manual will say about that type of warning light is take it to your nearest Lexus dealer.

You cannot get rid of the warning until the fault is fixed. If you clear the error by resetting the ECU then if the fault is still there it will just come back on again.

Why are people so quick to slate imports?

The manual as with any car can be ordered from a parts department, I know there are alot of company's that sell these for imports, Euro Spec comes to mind.

As you quite rightly say as long as you have all the import paperwork you have nothing to worry about, the original is only any good if you can read Japanese, the service history is much more detailed than any uk car that I have ever bought.

I hope you get your problem sorted out soon.

Why would it be dodgy to by any car without an owners manual, after all it is just an instruyction manual and is not an official document etc. I have all of the import documentation proving that it is OK and 100% legal?

And as for the owners manual just saying "there is a problem with the TRC" Hiw am I supposed to know that if I haven't got the manual.

I was asking for help not sarcasm.

Up to now I have found this to be a very helpful site, you have just managed to prove that there is always someone who would rather be smart than helpful.

Thanks for nothing,

I am just glad that there are other more helpful members around.

Steve B

Well if you have the rest of the documentation, I assume they haven't been forged.

Usually when the TRC light comes on this means there's a problem with the TRC though occasionally it can be the VDS.

I've taken a look at my manual and it says you should jack up the car at all four corners, rev the engine to it's peak torque then apply and release the brakes. If all four wheels don't stop there is a problem with the TRC.

If one or more stop then everything is OK and you otherwise you will have to completely dismantle every component from the engine to the transmission.

On the question of how you're supposed to know if there's a problem with the TRC when the TRC warning light comes on if you haven't got the manual? Now that's more difficult. The manual doesn't seem to cover that one.

Now THAT'S sarcasm!

As Colin Barber has confirmed, that's all it will say. It wasn't sarcasm it was just the best answer to a dumb question. What else would you expect it to say? Were you expecting instructions on how to fix the TRC? That's what it says about all the warning lights. That's what all the manuals in all cars say about warning lights.

As for being smart not helpful, perhaps you should try being smart. IT WOULD HELP!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links