Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Interesting Discoveries (good & Bad)

After seeing this on another forum, just wanted to know anything interesting that IS owners have discovered. It can be good or bad. Ill start off -

Good - The boot is somewhat freezing all the time - great for me as I can leave my sandwiches there when going to work.

Bad - After having the windshield wiper de-icer in the RX I was shocked to discover the IS doesn't have this!! :(

What is the RX wiper defrost feature?

You basically turn on a heater in the lower portion of the windscreen which melts the ice if your wipers are stuck. Heats the wipers up too so really good for winter

My boot always seems warm, bags feel warm if they've been sat on top of the Battery.

Noticed an annoying gurgling noise coming from the drivers door glass as the water streams off and swirls around near the mirror housing, perversely only noticeable on the motorway because the car is so quiet!

• Like 2

What is the RX wiper defrost feature?

You basically turn on a heater in the lower portion of the windscreen which melts the ice if your wipers are stuck. Heats the wipers up too so really good for winter
Yes, having had this on my old IS250 it was disappointing not to have it on the 300h.

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

• Like 1

I too was initially surprised by the absence of a windscreen de-icer on the 300h, especially on the top-spec, but

was then pleased to find that the de-mister (or should this be "de-fogger"?) works very well even with quite thick

ice and quickly unsticks the wipers, albeit at the risk of shredding them if left on auto. Maybe the de-mister also

causes less Battery strain when the rear-window/side-mirrors heating is on at the same time as it usually needs

to be.

I missed the rear blind from my '09 SE-L, so I ended up buying tailored blinds for the rear window and rear door windows.

On one or two occasions, I miss the ski hatch in the rear seat.

Another thing I happily miss from the old IS is the fuel economy! I challenge myself daily with my 20 mile commute. So far, my record is 62mpg (I average 55mpg).

Smiles all round!

I've noticed that the front bumper is very low! I end up parking a foot away from curbs in supermarket car parks and don't go in multi storeys. Does annoy me a lot as I don't have to do this in my RX.

Aah well

The good points are everything about the car apart from ----

1. Rain dripping in when the front doors are opened

2. Not being able to park it straight, curviture of the bonnet or me?

This is my second IS300h so it must be good.

The good points are everything about the car apart from ----

1. Rain dripping in when the front doors are opened

2. Not being able to park it straight, curviture of the bonnet or me?

This is my second IS300h so it must be good.

1) I thought it was just me but apparently not. However, I dont think its an IS300h "feature". It happens on my RX, CT and RC for some reason. Ive never had the GS or NX in rain so don't know about them.

2) Again, Ive noticed this. It appears to be the reverse camera lens. Its sort of curved at the ends on the screen if you look carefully lol.

First night drive, and the lights in the door handles were a pleasant surprise.

David.

Ditto, and only last night I noticed footwell lights!

Bad, I tried in vain to find a way to adjust the sensitivity of the auto headlights, mine go on and off like the proverbial whore's drawers

• Like 1

I think it's setup, car, lights, the sensitivity can be adjusted.

Yep it can be adjusted.

To Baxlin......RTFM :P :D

Believe me, I did, but couldn't find how to do it, at least in the 'lights' section. Do you have the page #, please?

TIA,

Malcolm

• 2 weeks later...

Found something really useful the other day. I always have my door mirrors set to 'dip' when reverse is engaged but, there is the odd occasion when I don't want them dipped and, I've found that all I need to do is switch off the illuminated adjuster (whilst still in reverse) and they immediately revert to non-dipped, i.e. I don't have to disengage reverse then switch the adjuster off and start again.

I expect that most of you probably already know this. :winky:

Something ive noticed that really pisses me off!

Washed the car on Saturday and dried it using my favourite purple monster towel!

BUT - the car drips like crazy! Under the mirrors and fuel cap (OK not strictly that bad as it only happens once), but the sill under the doors drove me mad! They just wouldnt stop! Eventually opened all 4 doors and let it dry out naturally! What a pain lol.

Something ive noticed that really pisses me off!

Washed the car on Saturday and dried it using my favourite purple monster towel!

BUT - the car drips like crazy! Under the mirrors and fuel cap (OK not strictly that bad as it only happens once), but the sill under the doors drove me mad! They just wouldnt stop! Eventually opened all 4 doors and let it dry out naturally! What a pain lol.

I have to admit I've not noticed this, as I always dry the door shuts and the door edges, I keep an older microwave cloth for this purpose. I also do the wheels before I dry the car to give it more time to drip dry.

Found something really useful the other day. I always have my door mirrors set to 'dip' when reverse is engaged but, there is the odd occasion when I don't want them dipped and, I've found that all I need to do is switch off the illuminated adjuster (whilst still in reverse) and they immediately revert to non-dipped, i.e. I don't have to disengage reverse then switch the adjuster off and start again.

I expect that most of you probably already know this. :winky:

Illuminated adjuster?? Is this the mirror adjuster on the door panel as my mirrors have stopped dipping in reverse

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links