Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Picked It Up Yesterday.

Nice car - looking good! Be sure to post more pics and a review!

If I may ask - after your posts on car protection, whats the plan?

Also looks like you have the panoramic sunroof - its something I plan on having on my next car but just wondering how much it eats into headroom and whether there's any extra noise from rain or wind so would love to hear your views on it!

Nice car - looking good! Be sure to post more pics and a review!

If I may ask - after your posts on car protection, whats the plan?

Also looks like you have the panoramic sunroof - its something I plan on having on my next car but just wondering how much it eats into headroom and whether there's any extra noise from rain or wind so would love to hear your views on it!

I decided not to pay for the protection. I have polished it and waxed it myself. It is easy enough to do and I do have the time. I quite enjoyed it.

We decided on the panoramic roof because we felt it would brighten up the interior considerably. It does. I have had tilting sliding roofs before but always found they are too noisy at speed, and with air con they don't work that well anyway. I don't see any problem with headroom and I am 5' 11". It has a full cover, so it can be closed which may help if it was noisy in heavy rain, but to be honest so far I have not noticed it being any noisier than normal.

Had the car a week now, although not many miles covered. Drives like a dream. Seats are wonderful.

MPG for the first 6-7 very short trips was 28! But the car had barely warmed up before I had parked again so it was expected to be low. I did hope to get over 30 though. A round trip of 65 miles yesterday gave 37 mpg, mainly 'A' roads with some motorway, about half at speed restricted 50 the rest 70+.

Ride is smooth, with plenty of power. So why it gets negative feedback on those bits I have no idea. Not tried it fully laden going up a hill yet mind. ;)

One odd thing. The smart entry worked for 5 days but now does not seem to want to. Maybe I turned something off.

Congrats Alec and hope you enjoy your NX. Think Sonic Titanium suits the NX really well. Noted that yours has Yokohama Blu Earth tyres - UK NX's seem to come with those or the Bridgestone Duellers that mine has. Has anyone driven NXs with them back to back? Curious about how they compare, for road noise in particular.

• 2 weeks later...

Had it two weeks now. 500 miles, all types of roads. So time for a quick update.

Drives like a dream. I do not find it under powered at all, or maybe I am not the boy racer I once was, or maybe never was. Okay, I have not had a fully laden going up a hill, but there seems plenty enough power for me. In fact I even find eco mode is better than I expected, unlike my old CT in eco mode which was a bit sluggish. Only once had it in sport mode to overtake, which was great, but to be honest I don't think it needs it, it is fine in normal mode.

Ride is great. Much softer than my previous CT and no body roll, not that I have noticed anyway. Crunched into a huge pothole and had some serious body roll then, but I think any car would have been the same. I'll try more pot-holy roads soon.

So far I am averaging 34mpg. 30 on short trips and 38 on longer ones. Early days though.

Seats are extremely comfortable, the driving position is really good, quiet cabin (even with panoramic roof). In fact everything seems perfect. Only small gripe is how the dirt seems to collect at the bottom (inside) of the doors for some reason.

I do wish the side mirrors dipped when reversing. I also wish it had powered seats. Neither are an option on a Luxury.

I will do a full report after a month or so.

Thanks for the update Goggy, I do sometimes wonder if it's the sound of the CVT drive that gives the impression the car is struggling, rather than the reality of the situation.

I do have the electric seats, which considering I'm the only driver I'd happily trade for a return to dipping mirrors!

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

I do sometimes wonder if it's the sound of the CVT drive that gives the impression the car is struggling, rather than the reality of the situation.

As it happens I am acutely deaf, so although I have some hearing, it is poor, so I don't hear the engine much at all. So you could have a point there. :)