Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Incoming.....

I'm a very happy ex IS250 and current IS300h F Sport owner, but know I'm going to exceed the mileage on my PCP sometime over the next 6-9 months or so. Balloon payment safely tucked away. I like the styling of the NX, have never had an SUV before (The RX is too big for me and IMO it felt like I was driving a boat) and enjoy an excellent relationship with my local dealer.

I've considered and at least for the moment rejected the full EV Tesla alternative and have been following the various NX threads with great interest. I've had a couple of test drives over the last few months, particularly when I've read posts regarding it being gutless and struggling up hills etc etc. Speaking personally I've not found it lacking in any department and the handling is fine. All very subjective of course.

Anyway, my dealer has been in touch, knowing that I like the NX and have a leaning towards the F Sport and Rose leather interior. From what I am told, and I have no reason to disbelieve, a few deals somehow fell out of bed, leaving 4 identical spec'd brand new F Sport cars up for grabs. So, no discount but 0% finance for 24 months - and the car straightaway. Sonic White, Dark Rose leather, Prem Nav, AVS and Pan roof. A fair deal IMO on the p/x knowing the margin Lexus will want on resale. 20% discount on the service plan.

I think the only items the IS has that the NX doesn't are memory seats (no-one else drives my car) and ventilated seats - no big deal!

Financially the fuel economy doesn't really matter in the scheme of things, but it will be very interesting to report back what I get, given the huge variations seemingly experienced. As a reference point, my IS returns an average of 42 during the summer and 38 during the colder months. I drive "normally" in Normal but do get a buzz from coasting along using EV where possible.

Pick up will be on Monday or Wednesday depending on when the paperwork and PDI etc can be completed.

I'm really looking forward to it and here are a few pics taken this morning.

post-26582-0-26983800-1443182804_thumb.j

post-26582-0-47343800-1443182823_thumb.j

post-26582-0-13480300-1443182839_thumb.j

Looks awesome. Not over keen on white cars normally, but the NX is stunning in white.

I agree, it has the same sort of fleck in it that the sonic titanium has. Don't know quite what it is but it does give it a little something extra. I'm looking forward to picking it up on Monday. Hopeless at waiting!!!

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC