Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

So did 160 miles last night, Leicester to Southampton. Adaptive cruise control set at 85 mph+, barely had to touch the accelerator pedal for the whole trip :).

Computer says just over 40mpg, cannot complain...manged to beat the predicted time of arrival by 30 minutes :)

22771142440_c9bc3ceb90_z_d.jpg

Is the predicted time of arrival based on the speeds you specify in settings for the different road types? The ETA is then established by the car based on the route selected?

Glasgow to London this week at 80+mph over hills and through headwinds and rain = 38mpg

London to Leicester mostly flat, with tailwind, heavy traffic and roadworks, averaging 45mph. =57mpg

Speed, hills and conditions make a huge difference.

• 3 weeks later...

256 miles according to Google (250 miles on the clock).

25L of fuel brim to brim.

So in theory 49.6mpg

Computer showed 51.8mpg just before filling up = <5% error between real life and on board computer. Pretty decent estimation.

Don't know how you are calculating the mpg, but 250 miles on 25 ltrs is 10 miles per litre, I. E. 45.45mpg, still good though.

whoops, was actually 23.5L not 25L. But either way pretty good, especially with ASDA now selling unleaded for under £1/L.

The reading of 46.8 was at the end of a 133 mile journey from London, late at night with little traffic using cruise control. You can see from the bar chart that it has consistently registered 40 mpg.

Its very odd, something isnt right. The MAX ive achieved in an IS250 is 34mpg but 46.8mpg is way too high. Id say its not registering correctly as a V6 will guzzle through fuel no matter what. I barely get 46mpg in the IS300h!

when i had my ct lexus liverpool gave me an IS250 courtesy car with only 100 miles on the clock and driving with a light foot i only achieved 27 mpg quiet a shock when i used to achieve mid / late 50's all the time in the ct

am driving an IS300H Fsport and my consumption varies between 25 and 50mpg depending on drivingstyle alone. i tried a tank of ECO driving applying hybridtechniques, rapid acceleration and sailing home on the Battery, especially in town driving is fun that way. another tank of sport driving not using hybrid techniques but just drive it like a normal car revv it up and floor the throttle just to see what would happen with consumption. well it doubled.. i mostly drive in normal and average around 40 mpg

the low temperatures in winter have a big effect on Battery capacity and the engine now kicks in much faster than in summer having a negative effect on consumption

• 2 weeks later...

Id say my wife wins for getting lowest MPG - 23.5mpg here lmao, she's getting worse than me in my RX!

I would really love to know how your wife is managing to get those kind of numbers...The last few trips in the IS has all been less than 5 miles, all from cold, temperature in single digits, yet it's still getting close to 40mpg!!

23054362674_4dc3eaa100_z.jpg

Id say my wife wins for getting lowest MPG - 23.5mpg here lmao, she's getting worse than me in my RX!

I would really love to know how your wife is managing to get those kind of numbers...The last few trips in the IS has all been less than 5 miles, all from cold, temperature in single digits, yet it's still getting close to 40mpg!!

23054362674_4dc3eaa100_z.jpg

No idea. Im going to reset it tomorrow as we're going shopping and should cover 10-20 miles and ill see what kind of mpg we get

With figures like that, think I'll bypass hybrid and just wait for hydrogen to get commonplace

mine had just dropped to 48.1mpg

every now and then i tell my work mate my mpg

he always says his heart bleeds for me

he has a boxster s and on a good sumer day he gets 25'ish

No idea. Im going to reset it tomorrow as we're going shopping and should cover 10-20 miles and ill see what kind of mpg we get

I persume she must leave it in 'sport' mode and bury the loud pedal at evey opptunity....Hope your budgeting for new rear tyres soon :)

On 6th Dec. went to Stuttgart, 555Km (344m). Milan to Lugarno fairly flat, then the long debilitating uphill climb to the St. Gottard tunnel, then downhill to Lake Constanze, where it tended to flatten out to Zurich and on to Stuttgart. It's quite a nice, scenic drive around the lake, even though the road is narrowish. and twisty.

Swiss limits are generally 80/100kph (49.7/62.1mph) best kept to, so one doesn't have too much unfriendly post when arriving home. :innocent: The ambient was between 1/9°c. The road conditions were good throughout, I only live 2km from the motorway. Apart from the Swiss section of the journey I was able to maintain between 110/140kph (68.3/86.9mph). I didn't use the cruise control.

The car recorded 5.1 l/100km (55mpg) on the outward trip and on the return journey on the 9th, under similar temperature conditions, but with a little rain, 5.0 l/100km (56mpg). I used the paddles for breaking on the downhill stretch, St. Gottard/Lugarno on the return leg.

All in all, 1110km (688m), 55.5mpg. ave. ( say realistically 50mpg ave.), over mountainous terrain at low temperatures not a bad result for a IS300. Time, about 5 and a bit hrs. each way, with a meal stop at St. Gottard.

I also put in 46litres of fuel (E10) at Stuttgart, as it was only €1.25 a litre, instead of the usual €1.4/1.5 in Italy. Thought the price of the holy nectar was reducing and you think your being ripped of in the UK?

Oh! and just in case I don't stick my oar in again before the festive season, best wishes to all members and owners and a happy Lexus new year.

Best wishes.

Michael.

• Thanks 1

I also put in 46litres of fuel (E10) at Stuttgart, as it was only €1.25 a litre, instead of the usual €1.4/1.5 in Italy. Thought the price of the holy nectar was reducing and you think your being ripped of in the UK?

Oh! and just in case I don't stick my oar in again before the festive season, best wishes to all members and owners and a happy Lexus new year.

Best wishes.

Michael.

oh stop moaning, you live in one of the most amazing parts of the world I've ever been to. I suspect if you drive for a few hours in the right direction this is what you get treated too...

15043301621_902aa6a54c_z.jpg

If I drive for 1 hour, this is what I get to see, I don't think any amount of christmas cheer can make anyone smile when they are greeted with such a unique sight :)

2897f651-9e6d-453f-bc28-9ca733b4c0bd-206

• Like 2

^^ Sadly not. Probably the most exciting/aspirational thing to happen in the midlands region is when Tesla opened a set of 6 superchargers at one of the local Motorway service stations :)

row-of-tesla-supercharger-electric-car-c

I persume she must leave it in 'sport' mode and bury the loud pedal at evey opptunity....Hope your budgeting for new rear tyres soon :)

OK so I reset the computer before setting off. Total mileage was 12 miles in normal mode. Grand total was 32mpg with heater set at 20.5 auto.

I'm getting 30mpg in my RX atm. Maybe it's because the car has only 11k miles on it?

OK so I reset the computer before setting off. Total mileage was 12 miles in normal mode. Grand total was 32mpg with heater set at 20.5 auto.

I'm getting 30mpg in my RX atm. Maybe it's because the car has only 11k miles on it?

You must be driving like you stole it, to get that kind of mileage you have a serious problem.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links