Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Show Us Your Mpg's

I find MPG's can be alot of talk, so I was thinking today after a long spin I should take a photo of my MPGs and post um with the idea of other doing the same. Remembered the figures but forgot the pic!

I have been known to have a heavy shoe, but my current figures were 17.4mpg avg and tank avg of 22.

I will get the pic up tomorrow, I read originally they can do between 24-30mpg ive never seen anything avg above 19.

Look forward to yer inputs

I averaged 24.7mpg over 36,000 miles.

Its not to difficult if you don't use the brakes. Mine were still on the original pads and discs with plenty or wearl eft when I sold it last week

Best I've had is 35mpg, but the norm is tank average of around 19.8 mpg, BUT I don't tend to do many runs in mine, I'll do a London run about once in 2 weeks, other than that it's only local runs, London run will get her to about 22 mpg, I also had as low as 5.9 mpg

I agree with the super unleaded improving MPG. I've been experimenting with different blends and the Shell Nitro seems to give me the best mileage. It's really noticeable when I have to fill up with low octane fuel and it usually takes a couple of tanks of super to get the mpg back up. I presume because the ECU is slower to react to the better fuel.

Yes definitely; Shell Optimax and then Nitro plus was the almost exclusive diet of my IS-F. I'm now looking forward to flushing some through the RC-F and reaping the performance and mpg benefits

I use BP Ultimax.. and when drove from brum to bluewater (lexus meet up) i averaged 32mpg.. this was a 340mile round trip.

I put in £65 of feul.. which tbh is the best i have got in any of my previous owned sports cars.. better then my CLK55 and M3.

Currently run mine on Shell Nitro as fuel prices are very low compared with what they were a year or so ago. Not certain whether it makes any difference to the MPG but it should keep the engine cleaner so maybe it does improve MPG. Done 31,000 miles in mine and always in Sport mode and have averaged 28.8 during this time. Rural living and a very early commute to work helps as there's very little need for constant braking and accelerating.

I've only done 3500 miles to date all on high octane, but my tank average is usually around 26. The best was 33.7 which was on my journey home from Leeds after picking the car up.

I do a lot of driving on the outskirts of central London and some motorway driving and average about 20. Most I've seen cruising at motorway speeds was 34! My wife did get it down to 15mpg after she drove it for an hr or so - she thinks manual+sport mode is how it should be driven and I kinda agree! It's my daily drive so I can't hoon around daily!

My average since I had the car, 20,000 miles or so is 26. My track day had a tank average of 9 if I recall.

I regularly see 30 on a motorway schelp to and from clients but also a lot less if I can find a good A or B road or some roundabouts.

It's horrific in traffic but I try hard not to look.

So about the same as a golf diesel then?

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links