Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

F Sport Collected Today, Questions About Speed Camera & Dipping Mi

Collected the car today and beautiful indeed. Not had an opportunity to drive meaningfully buy early impressions are very good. Just a couple of things which seem to be backwards, unless I've missed something:

1. 2nd Gen IS didn't have speed camera beeps, 3rd Gen did. The NX doesn't appear to either, unless they have buried it somewhere in the settings, but I've been through those and can't find anything. That surprises me, but then Lexus sometimes do! Anyone have camera beep beeps?

2. The mirrors don't dip when I engage reverse (they did on my IS300h). The F Sport NX doesn't have memory or ventilated seats, but apart from that its the same - full leather and Premium nav. I haven't had a play with the controls as yet, but wondered if anyone else had found this?

Here's a couple of pics, more to follow

post-26582-0-10104000-1443470657_thumb.j

post-26582-0-20738300-1443470863_thumb.j

Haven't had a chance to fully explore and I feel a bit of a Lexus newbie again!

I don't have Premium Nav, just the standard. I haven't used it much yet but I have not heard any speed camera beeps either, so I imagine there are not any. It's too early for me to say if i think the extra £1000 for Sat Nav is worth it, but it does look great.

My mirrors don't dip.

Memory and ventilated seats are not on the Luxury either, nor are they an extra, which is a shame.

You don't get dipping mirrors unless you have the memory function as it needs that feature to put the mirror back in the right place once you come out of reverse. Unfortunately Lexus have gone out of their way to try and boost sales of the Premier grade, eliminating features from the other grades even as options.

Thanks for the replies. Very odd about the speed camera. I tested it yesterday and it didn't pick one up that my IS300h did, which hadn't had a map update since I bought it in Sept 13. Today however, it picked all of them up, so it does at least work - to an extent. I went back to yesterday's camera site and it didn't pick it up.

The map version is 02-35-01 (2014-12-1). I seem to remember the maps were being revised quite often, and updated for an extortionate charge, but this looks a tad dated to me. Does anyone know what the current version is?

Thoroughly enjoying the drive, here's another couple of pics.

post-26582-144354014974_thumb.jpg

post-26582-14435401717_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

You should have the camera beep warnings we certainly do on the luxury model.

Looks great by the way.

Not noticed any camera beeps yet, is it an auto thing, or do you have to set it up somehow? Does Sat Nav need to be on?

You should have the camera beep warnings we certainly do on the luxury model.

Looks great by the way.

Not noticed any camera beeps yet, is it an auto thing, or do you have to set it up somehow? Does Sat Nav need to be on?

It's automatic and the nav doesn't need to be active. The double beep is quite early, about 1/4 mile from the actual camera. My confusion is a camera that the old car picked up isn't being picked up by the new. Unless it's been deactivated, not sure how sophisticated the updates are. The map in the NX is the most recent so that could be it, but I'm not convinced.

• 2 weeks later...

On the dipping mirrors, I do not know which grades have them or whether they are linked to the seat memory function, but I do know that you have to ensure that the wing mirror selector switch on the door is switched to either left or right for the mirrors to dip. I couldn't understand why mine stopped, but then I read the long manual and found that if the selector was in the neutral position, the mirrors wouldn't dip. I prefer to keep it this way and only select dipping when parking alongside a curb, as I'd rather see higher up even with all the cameras. And my speed cameras do show up on the map and with a double beep, but maybe that's because I have the Premier. Good luck with yours: I think the white is really nice, but I prefer the sonic titanium.

On the dipping mirrors, I do not know which grades have them or whether they are linked to the seat memory function, but I do know that you have to ensure that the wing mirror selector switch on the door is switched to either left or right for the mirrors to dip. I couldn't understand why mine stopped, but then I read the long manual and found that if the selector was in the neutral position, the mirrors wouldn't dip. I prefer to keep it this way and only select dipping when parking alongside a curb, as I'd rather see higher up even with all the cameras. And my speed cameras do show up on the map and with a double beep, but maybe that's because I have the Premier. Good luck with yours: I think the white is really nice, but I prefer the sonic titanium.

Thanks Alan, I've established you need the memory function seats to have the dipping mirrors. My IS300h F Sport had them, but on the NX F Sport they are not an option :( . The speed camera does work but doesn't pick one up that the IS did. No idea why not.

My IS was Sonic T, it is a great colour indeed. That said, the Sonic White is really lovely too, and it's nice to have a change.

I've used the adaptive cruise control over the last couple of days and love it! I always felt cruise was more trouble than it was worth on the motorways I use as keeping to a constant speed was pretty much impossible. The adaptive is really smooth and adjusts without any drama. The ultimate test will be how the wife reacts to it tomorrow.

I think the speed cameras are down to the mapping cameras: previous car always picked a few up that were facing the wrong way.

I have used cruised control a lot over the years. Like you, I was always annoyed that everyone else kept varying their speed when I was clearly correct, particularly those who focus on the car in front to determine their speed, and then as soon as they are past you, in effect slow down as they no longer have a point of reference. And then I would have to overtake them again etc! When I test drove the NX I thought the adaptive cruise a bit annoying, as before I would come up behind someone and knew they were going slower, and then I would either overtake or turn off the cruise function (by breaking or cancelling it). I hadn't realised how much I had to do that until now. With the adaptive cruise everything is now smoother; I am slowing down earlier to keep pace with the car in front (I set the cruise on the minimum distance setting, still plenty of distance between me and car in front), and as soon as I slow down I can accelerate or not and move over to overtake, and then the cruise control takes over. In effect I think I am driving more safely but without having to turn the cruise control on and off. I have been caught out a bit and got stuck behind something for a while because I had decelerated too early and every bugger behind anticipated that before me! But I am getting used to it now, and think it is much better than normal cruise control. I also set the cruise control slightly slower than I used to, so that I can increase the speed when I need to without going too far over the speed limit. I have become a bit more zen about it: perhaps due to having a Lexus!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links