Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Audio Upgrade (please Help Me!..)

Hello there my fellow LOC members,

I've recently purchased a Lexus IS200SE, unfortunately the previous owner jammed the cd system. So I decided to upgrade to a Bluetooth system which I've now purchased, I thought this was a great idea as it solved the existing problem & removed the need for my parrot system.

Little did I know so many issues would follow.

I don't really want to bypass the cars amp if I can help it, as I'm LED to believe my sat-nav will no longer work if I'm to do this. Is it possible to connect the new stereo using the existing wires & then reconnecting my sat-nav using my parrot fitting kit which is still connected directly to the cars amp, would or could this work?

I really don't want to have to go through the trouble of removing the sat-nav as then I'll have to put standard dash parts in, which I really don't want to do as it'll ruin the cars look & no doubt lower its value.

Has anyone else had this issue and if so how did you combat it?

Is there a way to fit the stereo and still keep the sat-nav working?

PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!

Hi there Sy, welcome to the LOC, we are a
friendly bunch and some of us even know how to pull them to bits and
put them back together again, with of course the one bolt and washer
left over.

We recommend you spend a couple of mins
looking over the rules of the LOC, we will be asking questions later

I cant help with your present queries
but I'm sure someone will be along ASAP.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/terms-conditions/

Regards Mike.

• Like 1

Hi there Mike,

Thankyou for your reply & I appreciate your most warm of welcomes. I have checked out the LOC rules & shall definitely a deer to them as I would not wish to offend anyone or breach the club rules.

In due course I would very much like to become a fully fledged member of the LOC & attend any meets & so on that may be occurring.

Question: I am considering becoming a gold member, However I am unsure of the benefits of doing this. I have checked out what the gold membership entails but am still unsure as to whether it would be of any true benefit to me as a relatively new driver (My lexus is my first car & as such my insurance is spectacularly high).

I hope there is someone out there whom can help with my quandary, as until its remedied I'm without a stereo, sat-nav or hands free kit.

Again thank you for your warm welcome.

Regards Sy

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links