Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front Brake Pads - Feedback

Hi all, I have read posts here which are now pretty dated.

I need front pads, looking at previous posts the options are Hawks ceramics or EBC yellow stuff which are reasonably priced.

So basically I ma looking for feedback on those that have went with either option and which are the preferred.

Also v interested if there are now other options on the market.

Look forward to the update.

Ross

Last guy to own mine tried yellowstuff pads.

He reckoned they tore up the discs pretty badly, and when I bought the car it'd just had new discs and new oem pads.

I've not had any experience myself though...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm also interested in what the latest and greatest thoughts are, as after 50k miles I now need new front pads and disks.

Did you replace the discs and pads with non OE and how much did you pay for them? I paid nearly £600 for my OE ones which I never fitted

Just got a full set of discs and pads for my 350Z (also Brembo) and it cost £280ish. From EuroCarParts.

Looked out of interest for the IS-F, and you can get a full set for £349. That's for proper OEM Brembos. There are various 10% discount codes floating around which would make that £315ish...
Why are people spending so much? I appreciate that's not fitted price, but it's something most could do themselves. An independent would charge around £100(??) maybe to fit. Have I just landed on a good deal here? Surely someone would have spotted this before. If anyone knows the part numbers, check it out and make sure they're correct.

• Like 1

Ive always found that Lexus brakes on the general are quite good in terms of performance and longevity. I understand that my RX has regenerative braking BUT, Ive been impressed with how well it stops from speed and also the fact that I have only had 30% wear in 3 years.

The IS300h brakes feel much stronger although they dust a lot as well, but nothing a clean can't sort out.

The merc C class on the other hand had ******* brakes and it was only when changing to the IS did I realise this.

• Like 1

I changed the original pads on our 2008 at 60k miles. Still not really worn enough to change but the calipers can sometimes seize if not stripped down and cleaned ever so often. Pads were so cheap not worth not changing them while they were off.