Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The suspension air pump was making a bit of a knocking noise when it ran, so took the O/S/F wing liner off to have a look and found that the mounting bushes were well and truly shot. Remarkably, I bought a set of three from Lexus Chester for the grand sum of £9.50. (Clearly the cheapest parts on the car !) Part No 90389-06033. I fitted them today and it has made a huge difference to the noise from the pump. Before, you could lift the pump up and down on its bracket by a good half an inch. Now it just runs quietly with a small amount of vibration from the pump. I used to hear it whilst driving and even feel it through the floor, but now I don't even know when its running and can just hear it with my ear against the wing. I've included some pictures for 430 owners who want to change theirs. You need to remove the wheel, partly remove the wing liner and move it out of the way, then unbolt the 3 mounting bolts (10 mm ). 2 are easy to see, the 3rd is hidden on the right but is accessible. The bushes themselves just pull out of the pump bracket and are easy to refit into the holes. Don't forget, DO NOT run the air suspension while the car is jacked up with the wheel off the ground, it can cause damage. A fairly easy job well worth the effort.

Paul

post-23595-0-36330400-1444509739_thumb.j

post-23595-0-92768800-1444509760_thumb.j

post-23595-0-83871400-1444509784_thumb.j

• 3 weeks later...

The suspension air pump was making a bit of a knocking noise when it ran, so took the O/S/F wing liner off to have a look and found that the mounting bushes were well and truly shot. Remarkably, I bought a set of three from Lexus Chester for the grand sum of £9.50. (Clearly the cheapest parts on the car !) Part No 90389-06033. I fitted them today and it has made a huge difference to the noise from the pump. Before, you could lift the pump up and down on its bracket by a good half an inch. Now it just runs quietly with a small amount of vibration from the pump. I used to hear it whilst driving and even feel it through the floor, but now I don't even know when its running and can just hear it with my ear against the wing. I've included some pictures for 430 owners who want to change theirs. You need to remove the wheel, partly remove the wing liner and move it out of the way, then unbolt the 3 mounting bolts (10 mm ). 2 are easy to see, the 3rd is hidden on the right but is accessible. The bushes themselves just pull out of the pump bracket and are easy to refit into the holes. Don't forget, DO NOT run the air suspension while the car is jacked up with the wheel off the ground, it can cause damage. A fairly easy job well worth the effort.

Paul

That`s an awful lot to pay Paul. Why, it`s more than their coffee, cakes and car washes added together !

Regards

John

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links