Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help!

prento

I have this problem that I have been experiencing lately with my car. Lately, when i apply the breaks there is this sound of metal grinding against metal, a sort of clacking sound, mostly when I apply the breaks when going on a bumpy road or into unaviodable pot holes.

At first it started in the front left wheel area, now I'm hearing it in the front right. There is also a sound of losse metal banging in the rear whenever I hit those pot holes. :crybaby::crybaby:

I took it to the mechanic, he checked the breaks but they were still practically new, same as when I first got the car 5 months ago. He said the problem may be the material the breaks are made of :crybaby: However, I can't see this being the case cuz I wasn't hearing the noise when I first got the car. He had no explanation for the sound of loose metal banging in the rear.

I found this bit of info in http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/knowledge...ex_v2&id=31&c=5

7. If you are replacing your pads, clean the area where the pad sits in the caliper housing, re -fit the metal backing pad (note orientation and little arrow)- put a TINY amount of copper grease/paste between the pad and plate but dont get any on the pad material. do the same for the other pad

I did not recall seeing any grease when he took the breaks apart. Could this be the problem?

Please someone, anyone, help, I'm desperate at this point to get my baby back in tip top condition. :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

copper grease looks a golden colour... metallic type of grease that withstands high temprature.

when you apply the brakes is the grinding evident the whole time you are braking?

or just for the odd second?

No not all the time. I find that it only happens when going on bad roads and into pot holes. I will hear it occasionally when breaking on smooth roads but only when a sudden sharp break is applied. :unsure:

sounds like the pads are moving in the caliper.

however, the mechanic would have picked this up if he tooks the pads out and spooted no copper grease on the pad.

The grinding could be the shims

I have the same exact problem!

At first it started from the front left, then to the right. A creaking noise which is very noticeable during braking or turning around a street corner.

And a 'springy' sound appears from the rear left.

Went to a workshop recently, mechanic pulled apart the calipers, removed the brakes, tightened all mounting points as well as shock mount screws.

After that the noise is gone. (except for occasional brake pad knocks)

Hope this helps.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links