Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is-f With Srd - Further Dyno Run Pics And Video

Hi Guys,

So my car went off to SRD on Monday. :)

They have recently installed our 8-spd transmission into a Supra, and were struggling to get it to operate smoothly in the lower gears.

In exchange for 'borrowing' my car for a week, the guys are installing my BC BR coilovers, RR-Racing USRS bushes, and giving the car a full alignment and geo setup for free! ;)

Here is the video from the dyno run they did on Monday. :)

I'll add a couple of photos in a second as well.

• Like 1

Initial impressions of the new coilovers is good. Still firm enough to throw around the twisty bits, but softer over speed bumps, bad road surfaces, drain covers etc.

The USRS bushes from RR-Racing are really good! Think they have stiffened up the ride a bit over the soft OEM items, but my softer springs on the BC BR coilovers cancel that out.

The front is now nicely gapped between the tire and the wheel arches, but does catch if you try using full lock on the steering. :(

Not much I can do about that other than raise it a bit more. Will see how it goes, as very rare for me to need full lock (was trying to parallel park when it caught the plastic arch liner).

I'll update again once I've got a few more miles under my belt, but I'm pleased with what I've found so far. :)

• Like 1

Correct. :)

The norm is 16/12, but being the Swift springs, it seems to ride really well.

If I ever decide to do lots of track work, I'd change them for either Penske's or the KW's, but for spirited driving, the odd trackday here and there, these should be just fine. :)

I could I imagine Stu, but not a very attractive solution.

It's only happened once on full lock. I'll just try not to use full lock for now mate. :)

If that's not possible, will see about shaving/retrimming the plastic liners.

It's not catching badly, just a little bit. :)

• Like 1

Hi Pete, slightly off topic...I like your steering wheel! Where did you get yours from? I'm considering getting one...like the Strut-bar also but maybe a job for summer.

Cheers,

Derrick

Thanks Derrick. :)

Got mine from eBay like most people do. Fortunately I have my network of "mules" or friends in the States who are normally willing to bring things across the pond for me. If not, I travel to the States on business at least 4 times a year, so grab things to bring back with me. :)

This is the seller I used: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-IS250-IS350-ISF-black-carbon-steering-wheel-blue-stitching-/251918671234?hash=item3aa785dd82:m:mqkhuHIR9Ht3-zwf9yvlW4g&vxp=mtr

This is the carbon topped version, but they also do one with just a flat-bottom section like mine. :)

The company are California based, so you can email them to get the wheel pretty much any way you like (guys in the States have had different colours, used alcantara on bits, made the rim thicker in places etc).

I'd 100% recommend them. Not stupidly pricey either when you think about it.

Cusco front strut brace does add some much needed stability across the front towers under hard cornering. Only tricky bit was getting the side engine covers to go on with the brace fitted. Took my mate Rob a little time to carefully grind down the plastic till it cleared the brace. I then added some race car trim over the edges to finish it off. :)