Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

18" Wheels - Want 17" Wheels

I have a lexus is 200 S with 18" wheels.

I'm not into cars - I like this motor, but I have no interest in tearing up the tarmac.

Had a blowout recently & then discovered I had 18" wheels on the car, which are a problem because the standard size wheels are 17" - the 18" don't fit in the spare tyre hole in te boot.

My offer is to do a straight swop of my four 18" wheels for four 17" wheels.

Contact me if interested on

racoleman@cix.co.uk

Apologies - didn't understand the reply.

I know that the 18" are OK - but I don't want them.

I'm offering to swop my 18" wheels for 17" wheels, if anyone is interested.

Sorry should have said that the18 inch does fit in the spare wheel well,but only if you put it in correctly,which means having to put the end nearest you in first and taking it out is the opposite,hope this helps

Richard

Not sure if this is helpful or not......but I might have a set of 17" Lexus wheels complete with decent tyres which I could offer. But I don't want 18" ones in exchange!

My 2002 IS300 Sportcross had OEM 17" wheels (inc spare) when I bought it a few years ago. They were fitted with 215/45 (front) and 225/45 (rear) ZR 17 Michelins, as per original spec.

I am aiming to replace these with 16" wheels (also OEM on some early IS models), with deeper-aspect tyres (probably 50 or 55) to give a slightly more compliant ride and to cope better with poorly surfaced roads. I have already acquired a set of 16" Lexus wheels but haven't yet got round to fitting tyres on them and making the changeover.

So the 17" wheels are still on my car. They are a bit scabby (a well-known issue from new with these 5-spoke Lexus alloys). I was planning to clean them up and re-do them, and then either keep them as a spare set or sell them off to someone who wanted them.

So there might be scope to come to some sort of arrangement. I'm in no hurry. One practical point is that I'm at the other end of the country (near Inverness) which might complicate matters. Anyway, it is a possibility if no other options emerge. Send me a PM if you want to discuss further.

• 2 weeks later...

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry should have said that the18 inch does fit in the spare wheel well,but only if you put it in correctly,which means having to put the end nearest you in first and taking it out is the opposite,hope this helps

I have tried all how to fit an 18" in the wheel well and it just does not go.....