On 4/5/2018 at 6:48 PM, SparkyDave said:

Thanks for a great illustrated write up, aceswild. Did it need any further attention since you replaced the Battery module?

Also, many thanks to all the other contributors in this thread.

Have any of you based in Ireland used a hybrid Battery repair service that you could recommend? I'm in Dublin but I've only seen one advertised and it's based in Co. Clare, though they do a mobile service.

Dave

I have done 3 from various parts of Ireland- not being funny but I really would not trust “on the quick” repairers - it takes a good 7 to 10 days to do properly anything less will be at best a very temporary repair (obviously I am biased so please ask around for yourself)

On 06/04/2018 at 10:03 PM, hybridbatterysolutions said:

I have done 3 from various parts of Ireland- not being funny but I really would not trust “on the quick” repairers - it takes a good 7 to 10 days to do properly anything less will be at best a very temporary repair (obviously I am biased so please ask around for yourself)

Hi Richard,

Do you have a service centre in Ireland or did the Irish travel to you?

Many thanks,

Dave

Sorry Ive been very busy, no nothing in Ireland all of them removed them & sent them to me, I have a contact who does the Ireland Uk Europe run every week who is very reasonable would you like his details??

Richard

Hi Richard,

I ended up getting the 3 new modules fitted and balanced by an Irish company who took the pack off to their workshop for 8 days. They just got it installed back in today and all looking good. 

Many thanks for all your advice and sorry for not getting back to you sooner,

Dave

Hi Richard,
I ended up getting the 3 new modules fitted and balanced by an Irish company who took the pack off to their workshop for 8 days. They just got it installed back in today and all looking good. 
Many thanks for all your advice and sorry for not getting back to you sooner,
Dave

Hi Richard, which company did you use out of interest? I’m in Dublin too and I still have around 9 months on the warranty but after that I’d like to plan ahead. Thanks, Stan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for this thread and for everyone who participated. I've been lurking here for the past 2 months.

I bought a 2007 GS450h for a great deal but it came with hybrid Battery issues.

I started by replacing 2 weak modules then cleaned all the copper bus bars and modules' 10mm nuts because they were extremely corroded. This thread has been a great help with that. 

The car is drivable now but the Hybrid System Check comes back usually 30-60min of driving. I noticed that the failure comes faster on hot days. I once drove the car from Louisville to Chicago on a really cold day without issues (300miles mostly hwy miles).

Now I have a conclusion that it's a heat distribution issue. Battery gets hot quick and causes the failure. The blower gets loud when the Battery is hot but it seems to be doing what it supposed to do.

It's worth mentioning that the Battery has been previously worked on and there is a huge chance that some parts are missing. The previous person who tried to fix this lost plenty of nuts, screws, and one of the blower's air ducts which I replaced.

I noticed warm air leaking directly out of the bottom LH side of the battery. See picture.

My question is does it look like it's missing a part there where the red arrow is pointing. I reinstalled the duct multiple times but always ended up with a small gap. Is there another duct piece to fill that gap? 

4C050E47-54A4-4D8E-A8D7-7E2FF6D9D36B.jpeg

3E8D8104-2E71-466D-8133-B055CF8D98D0.jpeg

• Like 1