Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is Lpg Getting Harder To Find?

I went to a local B.P. garage today and noticed that the LPG pump had been removed. This garage was always more expensive for Autogas than others, so I usually avoided it. I would use it only when I was really desparate. Some months ago they stopped advertising the price of their LPG but the pump remained operational. Now it's gone. I hope this is not the shape of things to come for us Autogas users.

Still plenty of LPG where ever I go. Maybe the fact your BP garage were so expensive answer your questions.

LPG is a very price sensitive and LPG users wont use garages that overprice the gas.

Mike.

I pay 49p for LPG at ASDA, but have to travel about 30 miles to get there.

There used to be a local garage that sold LPG, but due to new regulations he decided to get rid as he didn't have enough LPG customers to justify the costs.

I'm surprised LPG is so unpopular here.

Brian,

Funny you say that :)

I do occasionally burn peat in our fire. Usually coal though.

We don't have gas here so our Charmwood fire heats the radiators.

Thanks Mike. LPG garages are fairly spread out in Bedfordshire and some are ludicrously expensive. There's one small independant garage near me that put its price up to 89p per litre about 3 years ago and it has never come down in price since. Obviously, I abandoned going there. It used to be reasonably cheap there once too. I going a bit further afield to get mine now and pay 55.9 per litre. That's the cheapest I can get it around here.

Thanks Mike. LPG garages are fairly spread out in Bedfordshire and some are ludicrously expensive. There's one small independant garage near me that put its price up to 89p per litre about 3 years ago and it has never come down in price since. Obviously, I abandoned going there. It used to be reasonably cheap there once too. I going a bit further afield to get mine now and pay 55.9 per litre. That's the cheapest I can get it around here.

I am paying 55p but I also get a card which gives me a 1p discount for each visit up to a total of 10p so I am really pleased with the price. We have them down here asking stupid prices but they don't last long. My 55p fill up is at a Calor Gas center by the side of Mortimer Railway Station in the beautiful Hampshire countryside. Always one of two lovely ladies come out to fill the car for you. Mike.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links