Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Damaged Alloys

Also no issues on insurance.....

You can fit 255 front and 285 rear with a little bit of rubbing under full load according to the US forums...

Looking pretty good - do they help in terms of kerbing?

Yep, haven`t kerbed one since.... but do take it easy on narrow roads...

Nice! Granted we dont have an IS-F but my wife's IS300h has relatively aggressive 225/40 and 255/35 fitment so might stick 235 and 265 on later to see if they are better

On 14/01/2016 at 7:38 PM, rayaans said:

How do they have the paint code when it doesnt exist? The wheels are sprayed with 2 different colours to get the effect you do.

On a side note - anyone fancy getting all their rims sprayed in BMW Ferric grey? That way if you kerb the wheel you only have to do 1 at a time!

They do all the Lexus and Toyota exchange programme so must have got it from somewhere

3 hours ago, Cougar said:

They do all the Lexus and Toyota exchange programme so must have got it from somewhere

Nah theres no code for the wheels. Id assume theyve tried to match it and got as close as they can to the original

4 hours ago, rayaans said:

Nah theres no code for the wheels. Id assume theyve tried to match it and got as close as they can to the original

Nothing wrong with that if it's an exchange programme. You still get 4 freshly refurbished wheels that look as close to the original ones as possible and more importantly all match each other.

I may look into it in the summer 

11 hours ago, GibletPH said:

Nothing wrong with that if it's an exchange programme. You still get 4 freshly refurbished wheels that look as close to the original ones as possible and more importantly all match each other.

I may look into it in the summer 

Ah I got you! So they change all 4 wheels as there probably is a colour difference to the originals but it doesn't matter because all 4 are the same!

11 hours ago, rayaans said:

Ah I got you! So they change all 4 wheels as there probably is a colour difference to the originals but it doesn't matter because all 4 are the same!

All the wheel exchange places I have seen operate on a full swapbasis. Makes sense to have a full set of refurbished wheels. I'll be enquiring about the cost and the colour match with them in a few months. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 15 January 2016 at 8:07 PM, CharlieC said:

Why not try wider tyres.....

I`m running 245 front & 275 rear with no rubbing at all...

So 245/40/19 on the front and 275/35/19 on the rear?

What is the difference in handling like? Are you finding that you have improved grip due to the larger contact area? 

12 hours ago, CharlieC said:

To be honest, cant really notice much difference although the ride seems a bit softer but not sure why this is....maybe spreading the load more....

The side walls will be taller.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Kerbed the NSF wheel today on a high kerb in a cobbled street. Really annoyed with myself now! I guess I'll need to get a price for a full refurb for all 4 wheels from the main dealer and compare it to the exhange option that has previously been discussed on this thread. 

Hey Gib,

Other option is to get all 4 re-finished in a darker anthracite colour by Rimtec in Meopham?

Think I paid £255 or so for mine? Came out really nice though. :)

I'm dropping my car off Monday to have them re-do my Wedsports as it happens.

Wife curbed my drivers side front! :(

17 hours ago, GibletPH said:

Kerbed the NSF wheel today on a high kerb in a cobbled street. Really annoyed with myself now! I guess I'll need to get a price for a full refurb for all 4 wheels from the main dealer and compare it to the exhange option that has previously been discussed on this thread. 

I think dealers usually charge about £80 + VAT for a wheel doing.

Thanks for the info chaps. Been given the details of the refurb place that my detailer of choice uses so will see how their prices compare. 

2 hours ago, Keith_W said:

Ouch mate! They had a couple of marks anyway so it probably just pushed you towards the inevitable. 😄

Haha. I guess I've finally put my mark on the car 😉

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, GibletPH said:

Does anyone know if there is an off the shelf touch up pen type of thing available that can help to mask my sins until I have the wheels refurbished properly?

I don't believe there is such a thing for the OEM wheels?

Pretty sure others have tried various options, but no exact match has been discovered. :wallbash:

Think you will have to put up with them till you get the refurb or exchange chap. 

4 minutes ago, Peter P18 said:

I don't believe there is such a thing for the OEM wheels?

Pretty sure others have tried various options, but no exact match has been discovered. :wallbash:

Think you will have to put up with them till you get the refurb or exchange chap. 

Fiddlsticks. I found this old thread which seemed to mention a code - 

No paint code for the F-Sport wheels. Even then, there's a good chance they've already been refurbed if you bought the car used and therefore unlikely to be the real colour anyway.

1E3 Phantom Grey is a decent match but only on small areas, don't go around the whole rim with it and you should be OK.

The reason for there being no code is because the wheels are made and painted by a supplier who won't release details on the colour to Lexus

• Like 1

The original finish is very smart, its has a very glossy, mirror like finish to it, none of the refurbished wheels I have seen come close which is a real shame. The colour is close but this mirror like effect seems to get lost.

2 hours ago, MrW said:

The original finish is very smart, its has a very glossy, mirror like finish to it, none of the refurbished wheels I have seen come close which is a real shame. The colour is close but this mirror like effect seems to get lost.

Thats because most refurb places use 1 colour to refurb the wheels. The original wheels have a silver base coat with dark grey stuck on top which gives the titanium effect and hence why its quite hard to match because its actually got 3 layers altogether including the clear coat.

Getting them finished like original i.e 2 different paints usually costs abouto £100 a wheel.

• Like 1