Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Damaged Alloys

2 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Thats because most refurb places use 1 colour to refurb the wheels. The original wheels have a silver base coat with dark grey stuck on top which gives the titanium effect and hence why its quite hard to match because its actually got 3 layers altogether including the clear coat.

Getting them finished like original i.e 2 different paints usually costs abouto £100 a wheel.

great thanks for the info.

2 minutes ago, MrW said:

great thanks for the info.

This is in Lexus UK's own words:

"Hi Rayaan,

Toyota or Lexus have never issued colour codes for alloy wheels.

The wheels are produced by an independent manufacturer to Toyota.

The final colour can vary depending on what process has been applied at the time of painting.

The wheel refurbishers TGB have used for many years were never able to obtain the colour codes for the wheels and they had to invest a lot of time and money to replicate the colour, however this has never been 100% accurate and it was always recommended that all 4 wheels were refurbished to ensure a match.

There is a possibility that a paint supplier or bodyshop may have a spectrometer to analyse the colour and produce a colour code close (but not exact) to your requirements.

I found this on the net to explain a little bit further.

http://www.auto-supplies.co.uk/paints.php

Hope this helps.

Please let us know if you need any more assistance.